Recent site finds - just before breaking my pinpointer (see below)

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Made three trips to a mid-19th century brick house on a large lot in town. The wheaties are 46, 48, 51-D. No silver etc. But the token, which I believe was given to purchasers of a new 1933 Ford is nice. Also the brass plaque says, "Reduction et Trappe du Mevailles" A web french/english translation site translated trappe as trap door. The reverse also has the address: 22 Rue do Montmorency, Paris. The obverse shows a factory worker? and the text in the corner says "Duval Janvier". Did somebody get this as a memento for buying a steel cellar door maybe?
The dog tag is from the 1960's. I also really like the key.

Attachments

• MD collection.jpg
    MD collection.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 359
  • MD items front.jpg
    MD items front.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 350
  • MD items rear.jpg
    MD items rear.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Great digs Hoosier. The French plaque is quite an interesting find.I hope you can get some more info on it.The 33 Ford token is awesome! Looks like you had a pretty good day.Hope you can hit some silver there on your return hunts. Have a good one. HH!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice mixed bag of finds. You never know what your gonna dig up next. Sounds like an interesting site. Good Luck on your next trip out . HH

T

traindispatcher

Hoosier, Nice finds....Iv been metal detecting for a few years now...and am from Greenfield,IN. Is there a club around here...Always interested in meeting new people and learning more. -Have a whites XLT

-Casey

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice variety you dug up, Hoosier. That repair job on that pinpointer must have worked well. :)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, love the tokens, of course if you guys read my posts I LOVE TOKENS. My buddy
that I hunt with found a Ford token this year and I posted it on here. It was 100 years of Ford.

To answer your question traindispatcher, you can look for clubs in Indiana at
http://www.FMDAC.com
Go to Google also and type in Metal Detecting clubs for Indiana. If you don't find any
I can give you a email address that will set you in the right direction. Just e-mail me back.

Again great finds, keep the pictures coming. HH, Ringfinder, ( A Buckeye )

traindispatcher said:
Hoosier, Nice finds....Iv been metal detecting for a few years now...and am from Greenfield,IN. Is there a club around here...Always interested in meeting new people and learning more. -Have a whites XLT

-Casey

A

Angela (Australia)

Very nice relics Hoosier. Always nice to see a variety found at a site. I like the key too. Got a few oldies too.
HH Angela :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread