OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
greydigger said:
Cool pics and offer Terry! What a guy. No matter what they said about you.

Couple questions.

Is the 4X4 rule because you had to park on the hill ?
No fires allowed for weine roasts I see.
Have you tried the GPAA area near there ?
HH
Grey
Greydigger
The 4x4 is for , well, 3 reasons. The slope is steep. In muddy season, the driveway gets SLICK. Then, when slowing for the blind entry to the road, tires will slip. Second, during the dry season, the loose dirt and gravel cause the tires to slip. And last, if you don't SHOOT THE HUMP up onto the road, everytime you put the brakes on, you slip more and more torwards THE EDGE. Yes, this particular spot is 4x4. Can't speak for the other spots along the river. I have not tried the GPAA claims nearby. BTW, I just got back from the LDMA camp at Stanton, AZ. Good spot. I joined TimC (at his camp) there. Talked to a few of the guys there and they showed me some pickers and nuggets. I walked over to the office and became a member! I will be back! Tim and I went down to the hard pan in the dry wash and set up my highbanker. We drove his Jeep down to the diggins so we did not have to do the dry-wash thing. In about 30 minutes of digging, we panned down the cons and before we got down to the bottom of the black sand, a nice nugget was staring up through the sand! Nice. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions