Recently retired

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, what kind of hunting will you be doing? Beaches, salt water, woods, parks, fields? What are you hoping to find? I am a coin shooter from Ohio. I appreciate relics and bling, but my passion is coins.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it all depends on what you want to look for. My Tesoro Cibola is a kickin' machine. Does great on dry beaches, wet beaches with the discrimination turned up to eliminate the salt, and general all around detecting. For freshwater detecting, I'd go with a Garrett AT Pro. For nail pits, an XP Deus but both of the latter two machines are way more than your budget. I hear good things about the Garrett Ace 400. Good luck. It is fun.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Tshadow6! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). I am sure you will get a bunch of recommendations from our members.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Shadow, Congrat's to you on your retirement and Welcome to Tnet from Georgia. Thanks for your service as a Police Officer. I'm a retired Firefighter. Watch video's on Utube on any detector that you think may be of interest to you. This is a most helpful tool. Best of luck to you and I wish you a long, and healthy retirement. Blue Lives Matter.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

A former LEO...:occasion14:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome
< been pulled over by a few LEOs

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains. I was LEO for 25 years. I use White's but I'm not brand specific. Try not to buy online unless you have a lot of info, which you can get from guys on here. Your best bet is if you have a detector store in your area is to go there. They will carry more than one brand and should be pretty much up to snuff on specifics.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Virginia! I agree with RGINN, if you can try to get some hands-on time with some units first before pulling the trigger on a buy. Get the feel for the weight and sound of the detector. Everyone has their favorite and most will tell you get to spend time with the one you buy and learn it and what it tells you. Get a pinpointer and good digger too like a Lesche and pouch for your finds and trash. Buy what your budget can afford and you feel you can spend. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome ! Congrats on your retirement from Law Enforcement ! I'm a Correctional Officer , and have six or seven more years to go. Can't wait ! For fresh water and land , I'd suggest an AT-Pro * used if you have to. For salt water * in that price range , I'd say a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. Good Luck !

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard. I'm retired LEO too...after 36 years on the job. Good luck n hope to see some great finds from u. 😁

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread