Recomendation needed on Dry/Wet sand scoop, please

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For dry sand sifting you still need a longer handle scoop to save the back. The RTG Beachmaster is excellent for the dry and some wet sand hunting. Check out the site at http://www.rtgstore.com/rtgscoops.html This one runs about $115.00.

Attachments

• RTG Beachmaster.jpg
    RTG Beachmaster.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 663

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chi Town Bruce......RTG beachmaster water scoop or similar wire basket will be your best bet if you are going to be working mostly dry sand. If you are worried about them rusting out,you can spray them with bedliner spray,but you will probably wear the front of the scoop down before it will rust out. rinse it with fresh water after use and spray it with wd40 once in a while if you decide not to spray it with bedliner coating...Rdi

!!!!!! darn it Sandman beat me to the punch !!!!!

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
i love my RGT

Attachments

• RTG BB6.jpg
    RTG BB6.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 650
  • RTG BB6.jpg
    RTG BB6.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 635

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer the wire basket. Even if your going to do something in the shallow surf it cleans out quicker when water goes through it. Mine started to rust but I just sanded it a bit and sprayed it with aluminum colored spray paint. Looks as good as new.

I also use a water scoop with 3/8" holes and a long handle when I go further out into the water be it fresh or ocean. There is more stability and strength with a longer handle and a stainless steel scoop. It also gives you something to lean on if your tired or a rogue wave comes by.

OP
OP
Chi Town Bruce

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Thanks!!

Sandman, right on the money!

rdi, will use your tips........ had no idea on a spray

Mat.......Travis Nuttall, was ask to build a scoop with small holes!

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schrecky.......Called DeMarco to buy one last week they said it would not be available till the end of June or
later......making a modification to it....seems a couple broke....for the life of me I don't know how....still going to order one any way....Rdi

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
I just ordered a stainless steel scoop with the mesh from Ron’s Detectors in Tennessee.

Attachments

• ATH-7ST.jpg
    ATH-7ST.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 840

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread