Recvd New Detector for Oldhunter

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recv'd New Detector for Oldhunter

Received my Whites Prizm IV today and after assembly tested it out with A Barber Half, Walking Liberty Half, Barber quarter and Washington quarter along with silver dime and IH penny and a V Nickel. Everything sounded good at 6 inches from the coil ( air test ). I am new to the forum but have over 30 years detecting under my belt. Have found much over the years and after a five year hiatus decided I should have a go again. ( Still have a few sites I never got to ). I have owned most all the detectors DFX, XLT, and the Eagle I and II. Same with Garret and Fisher and bounty Hunter. Why the Prizm IV ? I just wanted something without all the bells and whistles that had just enough features to make it practically turn on and go. Out to the front yard to test it our and found a couple pennies and a clad dime..All around 4 inches. It works!
I have some items I have found over the years that I would like you fellas to try and identify. I will take aome pics and post them and you tell me what ya think..Just gotta find out how to post them. I live near Syracuse, N.Y. so I'm with the upstate guys..Hate winter. Retired and work part-time at a local Golf Course. If any of you younger fellas need any help I'd be more than glad to do so..Just remember one thing..When ya leave your site make it look like you were never there..And get those old maps and read read read...Jimmy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Recv'd New Detector for Oldhunter

Hi Jimmy, welcome to the forum. :hello:

OP
OP
O

Oldhunter67

Aug 21, 2009
Central, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV, Whites 6T, Garrett AT Pro ( Have used DFX, XLT, Fisher, Garretts )
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Recv'd New Detector for Oldhunter

Hi Sandman..Tks for the welcome. You have the right idea. If ya want gold do the water..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread