Red clay figurine / sculpture

hidden--treasures

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2016
South Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this last night but put it on the wrong forum so moving it here. Please bear with me. I'm new here but excited to be a member. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me anything about this small sculpture / figurine. I picked it up at goodwill for 3.00 and I have been trying to make out the signature but no luck. Maybe it's just a studio pottery piece? She is 10" tall and made of red clay. The front has "Claire" inscribed but can't make out what is on the back. Thanks.

claire1.JPG claire2.JPG claire6.JPG claire7.JPG

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. I would have bought it. I can't make out the signature very well either. Looks like it could be a studio made glazed terra cotta piece. Looks fairly modern to me.
I see a D?. then Firatalda ??? then maybe 89?
Good luck.

OP
OP
H

hidden--treasures

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2016
South Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you fellow Georgian :). I didn't think of terra cotta. I don't know anything about pottery but this piece intrigued me.

Thank you also professor. I really like it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any suggestions as to what to call her if listing on ebay?
I'm not sure how I'd describe it, though I do see it appealing to prospective buyers. I'm thinking it was made in Mexico. Maybe an artist signed sculpture of a Spanish maiden :dontknow:

OP
OP
H

hidden--treasures

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2016
South Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how I'd describe it, though I do see it appealing to prospective buyers. I'm thinking it was made in Mexico. Maybe an artist signed sculpture of a Spanish maiden :dontknow:

Thank you for your input. I was thinking that she looked like native american but I wouldn't be able to use that term when listing on ebay. But you are right that it does resemble something made in Mexico.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread