RED JASPER HARDAWAY

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
hd1.jpg hd2.jpg hd2.jpg hd4.jpg hd5.jpg hd6.jpg hd7.jpg This piece is so beautiful! Red with blue veins. G10 Quality! Enjoy friends!:hello:

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful, but once again, some kind of story sure would be nice besides the usual "G10 _____, enjoy!"

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful point. Do all Hardaways have such little hafting area? That point starts getting more narrow directly above the hafting area which means those small notches were all that was used to haft it or the owner took the point off to sharpen it. What do you think Mogi? Where was it found?

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful point. Do all Hardaways have such little hafting area? That point starts getting more narrow directly above the hafting area which means those small notches were all that was used to haft it or the owner took the point off to sharpen it. What do you think Mogi? Where was it found?

Bow this is JMO but I don't believe they took the point off of the hafting to sharpen it. That's why you find points that have a twist look to them from flakes being taken off one edge and then the other. By placing it on your knee with the shaft still on the point you could take a row of flakes off with no problem and there was no need to take flakes off of both sides of a edge since the one edge being flaked gave you a very sharp new edge. I say this just from my own experience .

Also the wooden shaft went almost half way up on points like this such as Dalton.

Last edited:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Yes, that's a nice typical Hardaway. They are very distinctive looking points. We even find them in southern New England. Here are typical Hardaway points from North Carolina....

image.jpg

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Whats the story behind this point mogi? Where did you obtain this point from?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a J & Dee special still #1 on archaic page, Tons of fakes on that site. Yawn...

Archaic Indian Arrowheads-Artifacts-Kirk-Benton-Dovetail

The biggest scammer and shyster in the market. I know mogi thinks John is the next best thing to buttered bread because he is a "christian", but I have personally seen the man and his son rip people off at a local auction. He lives within 10 miles of me. He can't sell anything locally and has been banned from local shows because of his shenanigans.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a J & Dee special still #1 on archaic page, Tons of fakes on that site. Yawn...

Archaic Indian Arrowheads-Artifacts-Kirk-Benton-Dovetail

And that effects the authenticity of the artifact.... How? Yawn! The story should not effect the artifacts authenticity in any way because, that is exactly what it is... A story. I have received very nice comments on this point without a story. But, you don't like the story or the individual it came from, so now it is completely worthless,an absolute fake and i am a scumbag to boot! You see, it is not me that only gives thumbs up to certain individuals and certain stories. There are members on here that give very detailed descriptions of an artifact - size,shape,material,origin,time of day,temp,barometric pressure,etc. but then say and it is from Joe Blow's Collection from 1853. Everyone ews and ahs,because he is a prominent member, but that doesn't make it authentic. What makes an artifact real is it's authenticity. Many,many,many times more than not - that can only be determined under a very good scope and proper uv and ua lighting. B.T.W. - I have both! Just because you do not like someone, that does not mean their artifacts are fake. Just because someone doesn't share a story about the artifact, that doesn't make it fake. I have personally found some absolutely incredible artifacts that i posted on here and everyone dismissed them as fake. So,you see, rather than tell a story so incredible that everyone is foaming at the mouth and its a lie - i would rather post my artifacts and just listen to the others inputs.

Last edited:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called provenance and yes it does matter. They don't even list the finders name and he has HIS OWN COA on it. How convenient. I'd hate to imagine how much money you have spent with this guy on bogus artifacts.

OP
OP
M

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
It's called provenance and yes it does matter. They don't even list the finders name and he has HIS OWN COA on it. How convenient. I'd hate to imagine how much money you have spent with this guy on bogus artifacts.

Not that you will believe me but i have the finders name and so does the gentlemen that i purchased it from. I have the county and state as well. It came from a very reputable collector and the piece was offered directly to me. You keep saying i buy this or that. Way,way,way more of my items posted are personal finds. I make p.f.'s posts with no story for a reason. That tells me over and over again that you are either not as good as you think you are or you are a very jealous man and you really just don't like ME. I think it's both! Ding,ding - i win the prize. Stop looking at my posts dude and move on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread