Redwood Logs

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Took a couple snapshots of the log yard while waiting to get a load of lumber. ( Scotia, Ca.)

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats alot of wood looks really pretty there in the background

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks very similar to some of our lumber yards we have here in the Sonoma/ Mendocino County area. Where is Scotia Calif.? Is it near the Oregon border?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Yes it is beautiful. I wish I would have had time to do some real photography. I drove through some of the ancient redwood tree's to get there.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics Ron. They sure charge enough for that stuff after it's processed but I guess the ol' supply and demand comes into play with redwood. I'm heading over that way next month for my son's wedding. They have a big beach house rented and they're getting married on the beach near Trinidad. I'm sure you've been there. Yep, that's a pretty drive along 101!!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics Ron. They sure charge enough for that stuff after it's processed but I guess the ol' supply and demand comes into play with redwood. I'm heading over that way next month for my son's wedding. They have a big beach house rented and they're getting married on the beach near Trinidad. I'm sure you've been there. Yep, that's a pretty drive along 101!!

Trinidad has a beautiful little harbor. Judging by your avatar I'd guess you know they are having one of the best salmon years in decades.

Nice to see logs being worked again. All second growth too. It tells me the economy is turning in the right direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread