Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o CCOOOOOOOOOOL 8)

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Wow - now that's a serious hobby. I'm sure you have some beauties there.

OP
OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I've been at it for about 10 years. Kind of slowed down when I retired 4 years ago - the dreaded "fixed income".

Also have a collection of diecast trucks that have fishing & hunting related logos on them. There are some of them in the pictures.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you fish :D ;)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very cool....I have several old reels also and tons of lures....great collection. Can you tell the value on any of those older reels.....love how nice you have them displayed

OP
OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
elfname, Oh yeah, I fish! Sometimes I even catch. I'm away from home now, but when I get home I'll post a couple pics.

Elf, I have a couple of those red eyes too

Gypsy, send me the maker & model & name on those reels & I'll look them up.

OP
OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Here's a few my little buddy & I got in Kodiak, AK this summer. The halibut was 60" & 115# got him trolling for salmon with 30# line. The pic with 2 fish are a king salmon & a ling cod. My Buddy is holding (dragging) dolly varden trout.

Attachments

• Big Butt 2a.jpg
    Big Butt 2a.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 737
  • dustin n dolliesa.jpg
    dustin n dolliesa.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 727
  • Kinga.jpg
    Kinga.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 731
  • Ling n Kinga.jpg
    Ling n Kinga.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 743
OP
OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
treasuretales,

I collected lures for a while, but there's just so danged many of them!! The only ones I kept were Heddon Crazy Crawlers. One of these days I'll make a display for them.

If you send me the maker & any other markings, I'll try to find your reel in my books.

I have one (several) of those boxes too. My daughter calls them junk, I call them "merchandise"!

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
I am sooo...Glad to see someone else collects reels and lures.I was beginning to think I had lost my mind picking the bug myself 6yrs ago.It all started with a Penn 60 longbeach,and I was going to collect Only Penn reels.That lasted all of about 3 yard sales.Today I can say it got abit out of hand as I seem to have a little bit of every manufacturer and worse it spilled over into lures.I think there should be some sort of A.A for this behavior.Ironically it was getting sober that got me into it to begin with. I love your display and have not seen anything quite as nice ever.Very few of my finds have the boxes but I will post a pic soon.Again Awesome collection.You should be quite proud.

OP
OP
trusty

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Hey whispers - Thanks for the comments. I agree about the behavior getting out of hand. I'm having a hard time finding reels I don't have & can afford.

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Very nice collection, I too collect old reels, have been doing it for years, I really like the old school craftmanship of the old reels, one of my favorites is the GoodAll reel
Lets chat some time
Eddy

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Man, you have a nice collection there. I collect mostly old Pflueger, Shakespeare, Johnson, Zebco, and others. Mostly I like the old PFluegers. I have several, but not as many as you have.
Also I have some very old lures from Heddon, Mepps, and others. All are getting harder to find
nowdays.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread