Reference books purchased $.50 each. You have to see this TN gold.

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Books bought 12.4.10 cost try /$.50 each. These books are going to educate me where I can either get a job to earn more money or by knowing what is there at a yard sale either way knowing is power. Wish me luck on earning a buck. The antiques guides are loaded with brilliant color illustrations DK books are the best I have ever seen I would have a rough time trusting the prices given but they are better than guessing if you have a winner or not.

If I were buying gold and silver from people professionally I would cross reference the items purchased to insure you get the best price for the jewelery some of this stuff is worth a house and you would never guess it.

Attachments

• treasure net pix 12.5.10.JPG
    treasure net pix 12.5.10.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 863

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Books are great, I love to read. I have hundreds of antiques and collectibles reference books and price guides and for the most part they are just that a reference and a guide for identification. As you stated yourself, the prices listed in most are not real world and not a good guide to go by as to what your item may sell for. They are good for identifying items and for learning what particular pieces may be rare and/or more valuable than the next. They are good to have and I study mine all the time but they are not written in stone, there is always more to learn. At .50 a piece you done good. Knowledge is power. An informed buyer is a smart buyer and the best customer is an informed customer. As for getting a job to earn more or better money, I wish you good luck. I do pretty good earning extra money selling things I pick up at garage sales, thrift stores and such.

OP
OP
cdltpx

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
I have tried to scrap some wire and it can be done but it takes some reall work you can get a rythm going but don't expect to make too much with plain appliance wire. I scrapped a printer transformer I got about 10 Oz of copper and it took hours to do. I did learn some things. For future I will be able to make better time this was my first one I scrapped. If you have nothing else to do and heavy lifting is out the question this is a way to store some copper that would go to landfill. Copper is going to rise in price when WW3 breaks out or if they start a massive project that requires lots of it they will raise the price. I love the way it looks and some reason handling the copper I have less pain can't explain that one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread