Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I forgot to add that to pic I have last years.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few of mine. Forest Forensics is a very interesting book about being able to read the forest. The Mass book is kinda cool for a northeast hunter but really nothing to do with treasure hunting. Just cool pics of old stuff. The Whitmans book is amazing and The Alberts and Tice books are great. Urban treasure hunter has some very interesting stuff in it as far as areas to hunt and seizing opportunities as the open up. I've been told that American Artifacts of Personal Adornment is good. I love love love having a library of reference books. So much cooler than googling everything. There's a book called Collectore Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution that's been recommended to me as well. Cool thread. I'm curious to see what's recommended
image.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info Pep. You can never go wrong with the local history books. I actually found a local Rev War soldiers journal and it's fascinating to read. These guys would hike 20 miles a day doing patrols along the rivers here. Hard to comprehend these days. I wish he had dropped a few USA buttons 8-)

OP
OP
collector01

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the illustrated revolutionary war book it's in the pic it's a great book just got it last week. I do have a couple local memoir books from when I lived in wv. I actually found a nice site from reading it.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the illustrated revolutionary war book it's in the pic it's a great book just got it last week. I do have a couple local memoir books from when I lived in wv. I actually found a nice site from reading it.

I found my tree coin site from an old used book my mom gave to me. I had heard of this settlement but nobody knew where it was and I had never seen a book tell where it was. This dirty little used book gave a rough description of something I thought I was familiar with and sure enough. You just never know.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahab , I was going through some old pamphlets and books that my parents had amassed about the South West
and I came across an excellent description of a long defunct "swimming hole" . I hope to explore it in the early fall this year .
This is one advantage that old books seem to have over the internet - (with google maps etc., it's the best of both worlds)

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STRIKE IT RICH WITH POCKET CHANGE by Potter & Allen. Using this guide in inclement weather to treasure hunt my penny jar, and doing better at finding error coins with more dollar value for the time invested than just about any other activity outside of work that I have ever pursued. They are definitely out there waiting to be discovered! Cheers!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahab , I was going through some old pamphlets and books that my parents had amassed about the South West
and I came across an excellent description of a long defunct "swimming hole" . I hope to explore it in the early fall this year .
This is one advantage that old books seem to have over the internet - (with google maps etc., it's the best of both worlds)

Those are the little jewels that often have been missed by others. I'm a huge fan of the books. As good as Google is there's a lot that's missing

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a book with good info on deep web searches and map resources called How to research for treasure hunting and metal detecting by Otto Von Helsing. I learned some good tips from it, and I bought it as an e-book.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So far, most of my acquisitions for here at home are all local history books and local historical maps. All I can get my hands on.
Maryland's Colonial History, The Colonial Newsletter, a Cavalier's Adventure, the story of Henry Norwood, the Entailed Hat, The Parson of the Islands, and anything with the writings of Capt. John Smith, who explored most of the Chesapeake Bay area.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a few of mine. Forest Forensics is a very interesting book about being able to read the forest. The Mass book is kinda cool for a northeast hunter but really nothing to do with treasure hunting. Just cool pics of old stuff. The Whitmans book is amazing and The Alberts and Tice books are great. Urban treasure hunter has some very interesting stuff in it as far as areas to hunt and seizing opportunities as the open up. I've been told that American Artifacts of Personal Adornment is good. I love love love having a library of reference books. So much cooler than googling everything. There's a book called Collectore Illustrated Encyclopedia of the American Revolution that's been recommended to me as well. Cool thread. I'm curious to see what's recommended
View attachment 1122771

Nice arsenal of research books Ahab, I bet they help.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought H. Glenn Carson's three books on coin hunting (Coinshooting I, II & III) and they made for great winter reading. Short but insightful.

OP
OP
collector01

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got early coins of america by crosby. Looks like a great book. Thanks for all the replies looks like I have a lot to look into.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread