Reject chute was plugged.

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Dumping this week I filled a bag- and when the teller opened machine to change the bags- I saw a few coins laying on the base of he machine. Pointed them out and she handed them to me- then realized the chute slide was blocked. She flicked something out of the way and coins poured into the cup and plum out on the floor- took 4 handfuls to get them all. Nothing really special- just plenty of them at once....
Thought some of ya'll would like the variety of Foreign coinage- certainly plenty of 10 pfennigs!
PEACE

Rejects 2.JPG Rejects 1.JPG

kaiser613

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really no one has anything else to say? this was an awesome find!

OP
OP
1more4me

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Kaiser, I must admit- I thought a few more would chime in... Money for free always stokes me... Heck, it was over a buck n a quarter in modern clad and enough carwash tokens for a full spray down. I was happy with it anyway...
PEACE

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a fun find, but it actually happens fairly often.

For various reasons things get backed up in the reject tube and you can score if you are in the right place at the right time. One backed up tube I found yielded about 10 dollar coins (gold-colored presidents and SBAs), a couple silver coins and a load of foreign coins (that was probably my best reject tube score). Just yesterday a tube gave up two SBAs, a small amount of quarters, dimes, nickels and cents (some were damaged) and a small amount of Asian coins. Not bragging, just saying that there is a good amount of this to be had. Canadian and euro coins are fairly common. May have something to do with your area of the country.

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
I had a pay phone on the front of my store and kept noticing a local hoodlum checking the coin return on a regular basis.I decided to investigate and found a wad of paper jammed in the return to capture the returned coins.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome. I really like finding the foreign coins. I was once was able to buy all of the rejects from a bank machine from the tellers. They charged me $10 for a 1 gallon pitcher full of bent coins, tokens, foreign coins, good US coins, tacks, safety pins, etc. The best part was that it held around $40 in good coins that I rolled and cashed in. My wife helped me dig through the stuff and she pulled out some nice '43 steelies, a 1912 V nickel with a mintmark (I can't make it out though), and a '51 Roosie. There was around $50 Canadian as well.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a pay phone on the front of my store and kept noticing a local hoodlum checking the coin return on a regular basis.I decided to investigate and found a wad of paper jammed in the return to capture the returned coins.

lol that's actually pretty smart.

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
I watched an older gentleman doing something to the newspaper vending machines at the store across the street.When he pulled across to my store I watched closely as he inserted a banana shaped piece of flat plastic into the machine and flipped the top of the coin mechanism down and removed the coins.My first thought was that maybe he worked for the newspaper but he then went to the next machine and did the same thing.I wrote down his tag number and gave it to one of the paper distributors.I asked him how he did it and he said that he had just figured out how to open the machine.Never heard of this happening before or since,but I guess you could make a pretty good living if you traveled a lot.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!..I remember once i was dumping halves and the machine stopped working...the lady came over and pull the reject up from the inside of the machine and dumped the coins in the garbage..lol...i was in there seconds later digging them all out..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread