Relic Hunting Vacation Finds, Colonial and Civil War

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Recently returned from my Virginia Vacation, relic hunting for a few days with my good friend Bill D. Excellent hospitality, weather, and digging. We hit a few new sites and some stand byes including a colonial trash pit I last got to dig in 2008 with our friend Stan. We also connected with Joeyfresh for a day of digging an early site as well as a hard hunted cavalry camp. Thanks for the invite Joey, ringtails have always been my favorite bullets! Overall I ended up with some tombacs, large cents (1827, 1847) and flat buttons which are nearly impossible to dig on my coast. Also dug some nice early pipe bowls and stems, onion bottle parts and random colonial brass. Always great to be back in Virginia and already looking forward to my fall trip. Thanks for looking.
-Evan

Attachments

• IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 155
  • photo-23.JPG
    photo-23.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 7

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a nice vacation Evan. I like the tombacs with the designs, and I know you like to dig ringtail Sharps. The large cents are in pretty nice shape for Virginia soil. You also got to do some pit digging which I know is another favorite pastime of yours.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you could visit Evan and we could spend some time together hunting and hanging. You really hit it lucky as that nice little window of dry and warm weather quickly evaporated right after you left, and its been pretty miserable around here ever since. I know you didn't get the colonial silver you were seeking, but I think you crossed off just about everything else on your wish list. Looking forward to doing it again sometime.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Posts like this one makes me so jealous! Nobody invites me to hunt sites like those! I would give my best friends right testicle to dig a dropped CW bullet or find a coin older then 1900.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright:Holy Smokes. Congrats to you! I'd like to have a year's finds like that.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds Evan - I am sure you were glad to be back in Virginia. Sorry I could not work out getting to see you - will have to catch you the next time.

Dan

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was great meeting you Evan and look forward to hunting with you again in the future. Thanks again for the Western Fort Relics display. I have it proudly sitting in my newly acquired display cabinet and it looks great!

OP
OP
metalev4

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Hope to dig with you next time Dan. Good luck with the rest of that pit, I hope some more silver awaits.

OP
OP
metalev4

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
It was great meeting you Evan and look forward to hunting with you again in the future. Thanks again for the Western Fort Relics display. I have it proudly sitting in my newly acquired display cabinet and it looks great!

Glad you liked the display. Looking forward to digging with you in the fall.

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Evan! Looks like you had a great time digging some Colonial and CW!! The LC's and flat buttons look great and those ringtails are nice!!! Kudos to Bill D. for taking you on a memorable hunt as well as joeyfresh. Bill D. you are an inspiration to many on here! Looking forward to getting together with you Evan sometime this year and saving some more of America's history! Hello Steve in Pa.!!!!

IM

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you need a vacation after your vacation! That's a lot of digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread