Relic metal detector.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i would have to say the t-2, i hear the the tesoro works almost the same in cleaner ground. the t-2 works well in the mineralized soils. not to change your options. i read good on all of them ,not much on the ground hawk though. Thompy

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Red Heat XD 17 Micro (17kHz), or Tornado (13kHz).
XP GoldMaxx Power (18kHz), or GMaxx 2 (4.6kHz)
If I couldn´t have one of those, I´d go for the Tejon
HH Ray

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No interest in the Nautilus, here. What a clunk, when you can have a Tejon.
Ok, you might get an extra inch, but so what? Even that's debatable, especially if you mugger up the many settings you have to fiddle with on the Nautilus.

Ive been swinging detectors for 20 years and first impressions arent always faulty, as some would have you think. The Nautilus I tried was good for an hour - after that I gave it back. If I miss a few percussion caps because they were an inch beyond the Tejon - I can live with that. That Nautilus is a true beast - Ill take the friendlier to use Tejon.

Besides, on those rare occasions that you might actually want to do some other sort of detecting besides relic hunting (gasp!), you'll be glad you had the Badger.

As always, YMMV.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I have heard that the Tejon is a little more friendly and I cannot see where there would be much more gain with depth with the nautilis, as Dahut said. The Tejon has reached great depths if balanced correctly. The Tejon is the one I am saving for now, as I to want a relic machine.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
In Europe, most finds (And these are medieval and Roman), get found within the first 4 to 6 inches, so basically, if your machine will go there, it´ll get you what you´re looking for in the States, or not ?

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope, in plowed fields you can find relics as deep as 16"-18". Granted there probably isn't a lot you're gonna find at that depth, but the 4"-6" range has been cleaned out at lot of sites.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Not here, grin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions