Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wish I still had mine. I am a colonial hunter and accept -30 to +95. I dig everything in the farm fields. Even the crappy signals.

I've had 2 SL 90s, a spectrum, 2 XLTs and I am on my 2nd DFX. I abuse my equipment.

As far as I am concerned the new detectors are no better than the SL90 aside from the lower bar improvement. They have more bells and whistles but the SL90 was an awesome machine.

fhayslip

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2009
Any old timers out there have a nice relic program for the whites eagle 2 sl they would be willing too share. I just purchased it and I hunt civil war relics but would like too have a nice deep program to get those buttons and bullets. I would be very grateful thanks

I hunt a lot of ghost towns and I set my Eagle II SL up like this: I use the beach mode. It accepts targets from 1-94. I go into the advance programming and set the user A.C. sens. to Number 30. On your sens control it shows up as O. This will give you more depth on your target. At this setting you will dig very little iron. If you do it will crackle and pop. Some ground won't let you set it this high but if you can you'll get great depth. When you go into all metal to pinpoint, iron usually don't give you any depth like a coin or button. If you want to accept iron run the accept button down to -20 and you'll pick up iron. I don't like to pick up iron so I hunt this way because you have numbers on every target you pick up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread