Relics Excavated In The Camp of the 55th Massachusetts Burials for CC Hunter!

55th Massachusetts

Jun 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Nautilus
Here are pics of some of the relics I found in the camp of the 55th Massachusetts where I found the burials of the 19 soldiers.

I found New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Virginia, and South Carolina buttons. Lots of coins including a 1852 gold dollar.

US buckles, box plates, eagle plates, SNY buckle, insignias, glasses, bugle mouth pieces, etc.
REB

Attachments

• img216.jpg
    img216.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,883
  • img210.jpg
    img210.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,876
Upvote 0

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick
Fantastic display Robert! :icon_salut:

The condition of preservation on those relics from the beautiful sandy soil was simply amazing!

I'll search around and see if I can locate a few photos of when we were also in those woods back in the "good ol' days" of the early to mid '80's. :icon_thumleft:

CC Hunter

P

pastorals

I know this post is a bit late, but I'm new to T-Net and only recently found your post about the 19 CW soldiers buried in the SC sand.
That astounding story coupled with this exquisite display of artifacts leads me to recognize you as one MD'er who has very few equals in the field of metal detecting. I especially appreciate the ethical manner with which you approach your craft and commend you for it.

Thanks for sharing it all with us.

Alan

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent work!

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing display and finds!
Saw some of your youtube videos and must say that your collection of finds over the years is truly amazing!

Palmetto

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Robert; If only those glasses could talk. !!!!! WOW. !!!

PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread