Relics, Relics, and More Relics.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Hit the sand box hill again and scored a bunch of iron relics. A few tid bits of brass, a piece of horse tack with hide, another nice brass buckle, and the aluminum Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Presidential Token Coin. The Cracker Jack Presidential Coins were made around 1933 and discontinued in 1934. The weather was excellent once again and the moon added enough light to hunt until 7:00 p.m. If not for work in the early morning I might still be out there looking for a blasted old coin! Had fun and will try again tomorrow for some more goodies. Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 002.JPG Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 004.JPG Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 005.JPG Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 006.JPG Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 007.JPG Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 008.JPG Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 009.JPG Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 010.JPG Grover Cleveland Cracker Jack Schultz Hunt 011.JPG

Upvote 22

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a nice haul of old finds there! It's amazing sometimes how much old stuff is in the ground around us......keep hunting and digging! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a nice haul of old finds there! It's amazing sometimes how much old stuff is in the ground around us......keep hunting and digging! :icon_thumright:

This spot is a target rich environment. Just happens that most of the targets are iron. I would hope to stumble across the occasional coin eventually. Still fun finding the old tools and horse tack stuff.:icon_thumright:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Chisel is about ready to go back to work.
Lots of goodies. Great site.
Who needed money out in the fields anyways? L.o.l..
A tractor rider ,or sit down lunch could have caused a drop though. Keep swingin!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rusty iron is awesome. It’s the art of hard work. Cool finds!

Amen! I do like the rusty old tools and horse harness pieces. It's our hard working heritage.:icon_thumright:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dig enough targets you're going to get the prized keeper yet. Nice assortment of iron and tack. The aluminum token is in good shape. What is cool is the picture showing the brass buckle stuck in the corn stubble roots, did you any problems pinpointing that one?

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice collection of relics you collected off that site, love the Cracker Jack coin! Nice job!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were token brothers! Lol Way to go on that one! Bet it gave you a scare when it popped out!
I love the curved monkey wrench. You know that one is old.
Nice haul Kevin!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds there Kurious. I'm thinking a 1000# Earth Magnet on wheels might speed up the process:laughing7: Keep at it. Gonna get cold next week:icon_thumleft:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What a splendid variety of goodies! Ya dun good!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the token, great find. FYI, I discriminate iron, but very often my deep iffy mid or high tone signals end up being rusty iron. Since you dig iron signals, do they ever end up a brass, copper or silver target? One day I plan on digging all, but my hunts are always so time constrained.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig enough targets you're going to get the prized keeper yet. Nice assortment of iron and tack. The aluminum token is in good shape. What is cool is the picture showing the brass buckle stuck in the corn stubble roots, did you any problems pinpointing that one?

No problem finding the target. I was just surprised it wasn't can slaw! Got some new areas to hunt. I'll get some keepers eventually.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the token, great find. FYI, I discriminate iron, but very often my deep iffy mid or high tone signals end up being rusty iron. Since you dig iron signals, do they ever end up a brass, copper or silver target? One day I plan on digging all, but my hunts are always so time constrained.

The Makro Racer 2 has a language that is very consistant. Scratchy flat iron audio signals with high VDI numbers are pretty easy to tell it's iron. I love my horse shoes, horse tack iron rings, and various tools and stuff in the iron category so I dig a lot of it. Not very often does it end up being a non ferrous metal unless it's a mangled aluminum can which can mimic iron signals. :hello:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff .

I like the curved wrench as well.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Crackerjack token... I just dug a similar brass buckle like yours and also took a pic...the signal sounded so sweet I had my camera out. Haha IMG_1384.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome relic finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Crackerjack token... I just dug a similar brass buckle like yours and also took a pic...the signal sounded so sweet I had my camera out. Haha View attachment 1522213

Those brass horse tack buckles sing out very nice tones even with the rusty center thingy being iron. I absolutely love them. Let's me know I am in OLD territory.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions