relics

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Had about an hour today to play so I went to an old house site where there once was a co-op store thought I might find a few tokens. The soil has so much mineral in it that it was hard to get the mxt balanced. Lots of trash and no tokens, but I did come up with an old broach that at one time had 12 stones, it now has 5. It looks old but I think it is costume jewelry, also found a ear ring or pin not sure which that looks like a large piece of braided wire with a fake diamond in the center. Next was a small buckle with two prongs on the front is has a grayhound in full stride & on the back it says Paris. Anybody ever seen anything like this.

I have spent about 20 hours in this area that is rich with history dating back to the 1840 but to date I have not been able to find one coin. I think the soil has something to do with it. So its back to the book to see if there is something that I can do do get a better ground balance & find those coins.

Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just hang in there. I think you will find one somewhere. It took me two month at my site before I found a coin. Keep working this site, and best of luck to you.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try 'salting' the ground you are searching with the type of metals you hope to find and then practice, practice, practice.
Yeah Right ;D
Just dig every beep :thumbsup:

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions