relics

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
aa battery said:
Question what % of the relics we find is really trash ???

None, according to archaeologists. Everything is a priceless artifact which you've stolen, destroying its historical significance and that of the site where you found it.

All, according to relic hunters' wives. If it's not jewelry or something you can sell for a fistful of cash today... it's junk.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Its only trash if after a considerable amount of time, I cannot find a use for it . If it is corroded or rusted beyond recognition,it requires an incubation period,in which it rests in a five gallon bucket in the garage,until it has had the proper amount of time to develope into something I need.
If I still cannot think of something to do with it ,say after several months of tripping over it everytime I go to garage ....then it is placed in the basement or shed....because it needs a little time out ,where when I do stumble across it again ,we begin the entire process over...bringing back to garage .
Only ....and I stress the word ONLY....when I think it has been given every reasonable chance to make itself useful,do I then retire it to the pasture. This way I can have visitation and after a few years have the girls drag it back to the garage as "their amazing find".

S

stefen

Junk is in the eye of the beholder.

That is to say that my junk is your treasure.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PBK said:

None, according to archaeologists. Everything is a priceless artifact which you've stolen, destroying its historical significance and that of the site where you found it.

I guess they'd rather have it sit in the ground, lost for all eternity? ???

I agree that one person's trash is another's treasure..if you need proof, check out Ebay! :D

Nat

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hilarious!!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PBK said:
aa battery said:
Question what % of the relics we find is really trash ???

All, according to relic hunters' wives. If it's not jewelry or something you can sell for a fistful of cash today... it's junk.
:D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions