46.4 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when Bens had COLLECTOR value & not just MELT value. A roll of nice Bens used to be worth $140, and you could still get 1/2 oz of gold w/ them.

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember back in 1990 at a local hobby shop-arcade kids were coming in with peace dollars and barber halves and turning them in for quarters to play the arcades. A few times I saw the exchange and bought a peace dollar and 3 barber halves at face and gave them to my dad, which he still has :)
Just kicking myself in the rear for buying sports cards back then instead of coins :(
But I was only 11 at the time.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Not in my time :) I remember when it hit $50.00 an ounce last year around April I think it was. Had tons of fun selling those :)

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seener53 said:
I remember back in 1990 at a local hobby shop-arcade kids were coming in with peace dollars and barber halves and turning them in for quarters to play the arcades. A few times I saw the exchange and bought a peace dollar and 3 barber halves at face and gave them to my dad, which he still has :)
Just kicking myself in the rear for buying sports cards back then instead of coins :(

I'm kickin my self every day when I open my closet and I see box after box of baseball cards lol can't freaking give them away now

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I always threw coin collecting and stamp collecting under the "nerd" category... I have about 3 shoe boxes and 10 notebooks full of baseball cards, with few to none being valuable.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A friend of mine use to trade in silver halves and dollars like they were nothing, to a local coin dealer near our homes. I know he was not getting top door especially after say the 10th time he came in in 2 weeks. These coins were in really really nice shape for the most part. His grandmother had passed away and had a house full of jars, filled with silver coins. I helped him and his father clean out the house of just odds and ends. The basement was just full of coins. I am going to guess his father got a little steamed when the coins turned up missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread