RENEWED INTEREST IN COIN HUNTING

CEEJAY

Oct 22, 2008
MONTGOMERY, TX
Detector(s) used
FREEDOM ACE PLUS, GTA 350
First discovered metal detecting back in 1994. All of the items on my find list were found in Rockdale, on the family deer lease.
We lost the lease shortly thereafter, so did not hunt it too much. I lost interest in the hobby because all research on ghost towns and old homesites always lead me to private property. I'm a bit apprehensive when it comes to asking permission to hunt, not necessary on the lease. A while back, my in-laws asked me to find a lost ring and suddenly I was hooked again. So anyway, here I am searching for hunting grounds again and having the same problem. Wondering if anyone else has the same problem, and how to overcome it.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
We all share the same problem. If you do not hunt schools, parks, small strips of grass next to the street, or the beach, you need to get premission to hunt private property.. Best thing to do is join a club, or get a hunting buddy. See my post about the Galveston Beach Hunt, for a link to the nearest club to you. HH Gayle

trixster

Nov 4, 2007
Mount Savage Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I have the same problem here in maryland when you ask some people for permission you would think that you had a backhoe instead of a lesche tool . So i have been hitting ballfields and school yards mostly .

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
HI CeeJay. I live just south of you in Magnolia. I agree with what Gayle said about joing a MD club. My wife and I belong to the Tomball Archeology and Recovery Club. We meet on the first Tuesday of every month at the Tomball Community Center. Our next meeting will be Nov. 4 at 7:00 PM. I would love to see you there. We are small club but we are pretty active. Contact me if you want more info. Blaine :thumbsup:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Whenever I ask for permission, I always carry a small Riker case of buttons and misc. relics to show the landowner. Not only can they see what type of things I will be looking for, it generally sparks a bit of interest as well. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
One of those black cardboard display boxes with a glass top. Cheap but effective

lastleg said:
Hey Creskol, what is a Riker? lastleg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread