Renting a Water Metal Detector

Overkill Overkill

Feb 18, 2010
I'm starting to consider renting (instead of buying due to my budget) a water detector for my 4-day Florida trip. After I save up some more money, then maybe I can buy one. Plus, if renting is an option, I can rent a couple of machines over the course of a year or two and then will have "test driven" several models before committing to an outright purchase. I have rented land detectors before, but can someone advise regarding renting water metal detectors - if that is even possible! Thanks in advance!!

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Overkill Overkill said:
I'm starting to consider renting (instead of buying due to my budget) a water detector for my 4-day Florida trip. After I save up some more money, then maybe I can buy one. Plus, if renting is an option, I can rent a couple of machines over the course of a year or two and then will have "test driven" several models before committing to an outright purchase. I have rented land detectors before, but can someone advise regarding renting water metal detectors - if that is even possible! Thanks in advance!!

Kellyco in Orlando rents them, good water detector like an Excal will cost you about $50 a day plus tax.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill Jackson's on US-19 rents them as well.
Not sure what the rates are, but you can always call and ask.
It's only like 15 to 20 min's from where you'll be, opposed to two hours (each way) to travel to KellyCo.

http://www.billjacksons.com/

Bran <><

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a quick ride over to Montauk Point yesterday for lunch there was a guy selling 4 Garrett Infinium LS Metal Detector,s brand new for 700 each with all the extras that goes with them ,see there's good deals out there on detectors for water i did not buy one i dont like Garrett . Dd60

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Credit Card??? Cash deposit??? Never rented a machine :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I can't see spending $200+/- to rent a detector for several days when you can use the money to buy a detector.....A good water detector will cost you $50 a day plus tax to rent....NOTE....Kellyco does not rent out Excals...........

Besides the detector, you will need a good water scoop, and I do not know any business that rents them...

FYI, for every great day a water hunter has in the water, there are a lot of days that are not great......

D

digum smacks

first; you are a novice,you have no realization of metal detecting,you rent one for a week i will bet my azz you will lose money not make money $250 even if christmas was here in july and by some freak intervention from god you manage to find a ring.it still wont cover your $250.but seriously i dont even see you finding a ring any time soon.take my advise buy a detector and learn it and learn the ropes. gl

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Renting a water detector for even one day could cost you plenty. However I am sure you will not rent one nor buy one. Your next question will be something that is aimed at getting honest relies from people that want to help new comeres to the hobby. You won't care want the answer will be as you will be thinking up another silly question.

If you read the golden olde site you would not have to ask. :read2:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will I need water to water hunt .....lol sorry Sandman I couldn't resist lol

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
I advise, IMHO, go ahead and rent and try it out and have fun. I do hope you find some good finds with your rented MD. Yes, it will cost you a bit, but less than buying a good water machine. And most important, you must get out there, hunt, and have fun. That's what it's all about... :)

Good luck, and keep us informed...

skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread