All Treasure Hunting

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems it is still pulling from Craig’s list on mine.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used mine all weekend.
And last weekend in Orlando.

I’d say maybe delete and reboot it? Or update maybe. Unless your subscription expired. I think it’s $4.99 now. Use to be .99.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1616381328.008528.jpg

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish this was the case but the automatic import of CL ads is no more. Sellers can now post listings directly in Yardsale Treasure Map but thats it. This is going to be a huge pain and may end my yardsale days. Let me know if anyone finds an alternative.

F9E928C3-6912-47D8-8BCA-F5CC48E1283A.png

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used any app. Only cl to find community sales. Aside from that, I just drive like a maniac (at the speed limit) around my designated target area. One weekend in one county, another weekend in another. I just use the law of averages, knowing that there will be sales out there. I have a lot of fun doing it like that. :-) Hopefully, one day they will build an app that I can just type in that I'm looking for gold and vintage watches, and it will take me directly to those houses! Lol! Good luck to all of you!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Craigslist has a map feature. It is VERY clunky and inefficient, but that's the closest thing I've found. We put one person on CL, one person on Maps and looking for signs, and one person driving.

whynot

Jan 27, 2005
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 w/ 9x12 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use https://www.estatesales.net/ It works for lots of cities and you can limit to mileage from your zip. I especially like the site because it will email you if a sale has items you are looking for (like bottles, jewelry, etc.) Each email shows the matching text for your saved searches and a link to go directly to the pictures listed in the estate sale. It includes garage sales, estate sales and auctions in your area.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip whynot!

I didn’t realize the Craigslist app allowed you to “star” sales and see them on the map view.

Yardsale Treasure Map used to allow you to color code the stars. I used to set the color based on time. CL app doesn’t let you do that but it’s not a bad replacement.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Facebook market place seems to have a lot of sale listings. Just type in what your looking for. He doesn’t have a map but I have found some community sales that way that weren’t posted anywhere else.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Friday night, I go online and put them from CL into a Maps saved folder. That shows them on Google Maps as flags. I put in a comment about the time of the sale if it is not 8am. That works the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread