Request for dowsing map, Thank you all in advance :)

Cache

Greenie
Apr 15, 2012
kitsap county,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites tm808/xlt/vsat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to see if there is any buried gold in this area, thanks~
dowsing request #2 map.PNG

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry no Gold but if you use L-Rod watch out for the place i marked very strong Mineral's for a dowsing Rod. dowsing request #2 map.PNG No need wasting your time when nothing there,been there and done that.....Welcome to TreasureNet good luck and God Bless.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an area you might want to check for sites.

dowsing request _2 map.PNG

OP
OP
C

Cache

Greenie
Apr 15, 2012
kitsap county,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites tm808/xlt/vsat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okiedowser and Red desert, thanks to the both of you for your time! I was really thinking there would be more targets in the map, that how it goes sometimes. Have a great day:icon_thumleft:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okiedowser and Red desert, thanks to the both of you for your time! I was really thinking there would be more targets in the map, that how it goes sometimes. Have a great day:icon_thumleft:

DonGoldCache-1B.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, attached the wrong image.

dowsing request _2 mapB.png

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type of mining history does this area have? I like placer or load mines?

OP
OP
C

Cache

Greenie
Apr 15, 2012
kitsap county,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites tm808/xlt/vsat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type of mining history does this area have? I like placer or load mines?

Significant placer gold. Also lots of outlaw activity, stagecoach robberies etc. Maybe I need to expand my search a bit further out, the map is fairly close to what is now a ghost town. Thanks for all the input Red desert. :occasion14:

OP
OP
C

Cache

Greenie
Apr 15, 2012
kitsap county,wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites tm808/xlt/vsat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the second site in the area that I was going to check out in August :icon_thumleft: Does anyone get any hits in this area? Thanks in advance~
Trail vreek treasure site Montana.PNG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cache for labeling this one... I was beginning to wonder if these sites were in your own state. According to your profile it is Kitsap county, Washington. I've done map dowsing for someone in the Seattle area and I know a gold/platinum placer mix comes out of the rivers there (mostly the Columbia river) which empty into the ocean. Montana has quite a history, some good sapphire sites also.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this isn't Trail Cr near Bozeman, if it is we'll check for or maybe email would be better.

"During his time in West Yellowstone, Fenn said he walked the 92 miles to Bozeman. “We wanted to have the experience of it,” he said.The treasure is out in the mountains, above 5,000 feet, somewhere between the Canadian border and Santa Fe, said Fenn. A map in his second book, “Too Far to Walk,” shows as much."

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...cle_f7eb081a-1f54-11e4-a5c6-0019bb2963f4.html

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the green arrow is buried gold? :tchest:
It can be gold, if the gold is old and qualify as an artifact I remember twice (not including the Tayopa) using green to mark archaeological sites, which both turned out to be old gold mines.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a file of definitions for marked spots I had used orange for man made gold objects, but now changed that to a color sample from a gold coin which is a light yellowish color.

"White in general is a color indicator, I use for natural caves or man made tunnel entrances and mine shafts, other similar type excavations (including old wells, tombs, etc.).
[SUB][SUP]Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).[/SUP][/SUB]
Red outline circles for places to check metal detecting, for mostly loose coins/treasure or artifacts of value, from surface down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value.
Red outline circles for places to check metal detecting, for mostly loose coins/treasure or artifacts of value, from surface down to 1-2 feet deep.
Red line box (or solid filled circles) for very deep coins/treasure or artifacts of value."

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't get a Fenn treasure, but got 1 gold signal. Wasn't checking real close to the edge like Okie either.

Trail vreek treasure site Montana.PNG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread