Request for links to stories about found treasures and government problems

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
What kind of problems would you have if you found a very large buried treasure?
The below story is rather interesting ( from 2005?) as well as the quote. A man named Taylor was hiking on public land and discovered a cave of Gold Bars and arms. He wanted a finders fee to tell the government where it was. The government did not cooperate.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_/ai_n14676107

"Taylor couldn't simply claim the gold as a find, Williams said. "If it was ore in the ground, he'd need a mineral permit to remove it. If it's smelted into gold bars, it's protected by ARPA," the Archaeological Resources Protection Act."

There are other stories. I do not have the details, but another man found a cave of precious metal bars consisting of Gold, silver and other metals melted together into bars. He has been trying for over 13 years to get the US Government to give him permission to remove the find, legally. Not all the agencies are cooperative. It seems that the government wants to cut him out of his find ( my impression) Does anyone have a link to this story?

Also another of a man who stumbled on a cave inside a hill loaded with piles of gold bars. The government found out about his find and extended a near by Army base to include this hill and prevented the man from claiming his treasure. The Army went in and razed the hill and the treasure was never seen again. Do you remember this story? I would like a link to this if you have it.

Are there any more stories like these out there that you know of and would like to share?

Thanks.

Ray S

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok ray what did you find? second thought ssshhh dont tell :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
aa battery said:
ok ray what did you find? second thought ssshhh dont tell :thumbsup:

I wish I found something like this, but I did not. LOL

http://www.tesoro-del-alma.com/oldsite/tesorodelalma.html

I remembered that this one fellow did find a cave full of dore' bars and had been in a legal battle with our wonderful government for over 13 years trying to legally claim it.

Kind of makes you wonder why folks just take such a find and keep their mouths shut rather than get involved with the greedy government types.

I could not remember the facts of the situation and wanted to see if I could find any more recent accounts.

Ray S

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: And many wonder why I am soo slow with Tayopa, even to the point of doubting me? Until the last permit is in my hot lil hands, the critical information will remain hidden. There will be no excavations until they are complete, all that I can do right now is to periodically visit the area to see that all is tranquil and wait. Patience is the byword of treasure hunting..

Fortunately I have other resources to fall back upon in the meanwhile.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions