research help please

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone , I'm trying to find information on grouse ridge area , above lake Spaulding in Nevada county , I'm looking for recent or historical info , stories , recovery reports , hopefully someone has worked up there (besides me) and knows something , I have been all over the internet with very limited results , I'm hoping for real information not general quotes . thanks peoples

Upvote 0

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone , I'm trying to find information on grouse ridge area , above lake Spaulding in Nevada county , I'm looking for recent or historical info , stories , recovery reports , hopefully someone has worked up there (besides me) and knows something , I have been all over the internet with very limited results , I'm hoping for real information not general quotes . thanks peoples

I would check out , my land matters . You should be able to find it on a few posts in this forum . That should give you a good start . There should also be state geological maps for the area also . Go to the Prospector's Research Tools post .

Last edited:

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did quick search and here are couple of links that might help I guess. If you check out the references section of the Mindat page it looks like a couple of old mining journals mention this deposit and you could google those. General quote found in search: "Said to contain sufficient Au to pay for extracting that metal from it":) Good luck here are links:

http://mrdata.usgs.gov/mrds/show-mrds.php?dep_id=10188446

http://www.mindat.org/loc-84197.html

Nearby locations: http://www.mindat.org/nearestlocs.php?lat=39.3894444444&long=-120.613888889&cs=0

Last edited:
OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty good with a shovel , not so good with a computer , lol , I have been researching that area longer than I have been working it , I think I have read every geological survey since 1900 , all the reports say good things , I have 80 acres up there , I have had good and great results , I'm hoping to find an old timer that has worked that area to share some experiences and make sure I'm not missing something , I also have an old drift tunnel , that produced very well , but I'm afraid its gonna collapse . no one has been in there for 40 years , everytime I think about going back in to work whats left , I start thinking about scary movies I have seen , then I get all freaked out , especially since I am always alone , so I will say in the sunlight to be safe , lol , thanks for all the reference materials , good luck to everyone this season , stay safe out there

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah sorry I can't help on the experience side, but your right stay out of the drift tunnel unless there's a way to make it safe, we like having you around.

I like to prospect alone too I guess but after one too many weird experiences with bears, tweakers and random local bullets flying by, combined with dangers like slipping/falling I decided I am only going to prospect with a friend from now on:)

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks , I like being around , , I'm so paranoid all the time out there a person could think I'm a tweeker ,lol ,I'm not , besides if you talk loud enough to yourself , nobody wants to come close .

unfortunately I don't have any friends that know how to work , that are willing , or capable . it is to hard to share the rewards when your the only one putting anything inn , I brought a buddy once , he wanted to sleep in my camper , eat my food , ride along with no contributions , no tools , but then I thought to myself its a lot more shovels and buckets moved , maybe its worth it , so we went , did petty good , until he decided he wanted 50 percent , after agreeing to 20 percent , I learned a lot , like go alone , lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions