Research paid off, but....

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I did some research and found an old railroad terminal located in a near by town. Viewed the location on line and noticed that the old terminal was no longer there but a large grassy area remained at the location of the terminal. The terminal dated back to the early 1900's.

Drove to the location this morning and the grassy area had NO TRESPASSING signs at either end. What a disappointment.

I stopped in a near by restaurant to have a bite to eat and the restaurant had old photographs on the wall of the old terminal, complete with vintage automobiles parked near by. It was a very impressive building.

Well, at least I saw some nice pictures.

Ray S

Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

The treasure hunter's curse. But, there's always another place.

handy

Mar 11, 2008
nw pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 11
if you find out who owns the land then you ask if you md there. just a thought :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
handy said:
if you find out who owns the land then you ask if you md there. just a thought :thumbsup:

The RR owns the land and they are the ones who put up the signs..... also have folks who drive by this area on regular basis to run people off, according to the lady in the near by restaurant.

Ray S

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
The first train station in Fullerton CA is gone now and a park was put in it's place then fenced off. Turns out the soil is contaminated with some "hazardous waste".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread