research season

jays_onit

Dec 10, 2005
Glennville, GA.
research season this is what i found at my local book store. It's called "the old maps of hillsborough county in 1892" i was told by the store that thay made one for each county in new hampshire. and at $10.00 per book it beats the $100.00 ebay price for one page.
It covers detail maps of villages, houses with family names , the old roads & water ways

looking for the old bears books are way over priced. so dont forget to look at the book stores for map reproduction books could save alot of time and cash.

this is what i got about my house. it's old and out back was another house. found it in the map book. i even found it in a photo online. well looking in the back yard i found the old foundation. ok well the outline of it shows through i parking lot. :'(

I also got some good pics of my area looking for some old reprint photo's on a website. ya the pics have water marks so you can reprint to sell but just to see what an area looked like with out having to buy it thay work grate. hope any of this helps the new ppl like me. for the others md's that have been around a while it nothing you probly dont already know.

I am also looking for info,maps,data on the area of glennville ga. as i will be there in the later half od summer any help would be grate.

good luck all and happy hunting inside or out.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
I Love To do Research. I most often back track. I Find relics at a site, then back track to find out what the history was in that area. trk5capt...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:)Good point!HH

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ditto jay repos and local historical societies sell plat books also, well here they do at least.BTW put on a shirt its cold!!! ;D ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dekalb33 said:
ditto jay repos and local historical societies sell plat books also, well here they do at least.BTW put on a shirt its cold!!! ;D ;D

My Coffee Musn't have Kicked in this Morning :(

"REPOS" ?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REPRO-DUCTIONS ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread