🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been hunting along side a fellow who uses an AT Pro. He's really proficient with it and makes some great finds. There is NOTHING my CTX picked up that he couldn't hear before I dug. I feel for the money, you just can't beat that machine. I'm really impressed with it, so much so I think I'm going to buy one.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always tell everyone that ask me about my ATP that its not perfect but is a fun, easy to use really great machine for the money. Pretty rugged too, takes a lot of abuse and never complains.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish, or my wrist wishes it wasn't S-handled, but not a bad unit for the money.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since straight rods are better, why don't the manufactures make them standard? They can't cost anymore to produce.

tabman

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Since straight rods are better, why don't the manufactures make them standard? They can't cost anymore to produce.

tabman

Agreed.

I was going to reply that I shouldn't have to and they should offer them standard issue. 8-)

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are funny. Ever swung an Etrac for more than 20 min? Now that's brutal.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a ctx a couple months ago. So far it hasn't found anything my At Pro wouldn't have found, and the At Pro is much much easier to use.

So far it appears I spent thousands of dollars just to have wireless, backlight, rechargeable batt pack and better handle.

I'm not giving up on learning the ctx yet, but long live the AT Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It's the cost difference between taking a tube and bending it versus taking a tube, cutting it to make the shaft and handle then welding one to the other, multiplied by thousands of units.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are funny. Ever swung an Etrac for more than 20 min? Now that's brutal.

Not an Etrac but I've swung my SovGT control box forward mounted on the factory s-rod for hours at a stretch - that's got to be worse than any other model for ergonomics.

Modded a straight shaft for it before getting 40hrs on it (they did come with a straight shaft, just not mine). Brutal is a memory now.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put a straight rod on my AT Pro and it didn't help much. When i switched to the Makro Racer 2 the pain is gone and i can swing it for much longer. The Racer has the S bend, but in my opinion it works better because the weight is balanced across the machine where you have the battery box and speaker at the top of the rod and the screen in front of you. Maybe Garret could do this too and cut down on the size and weight of that big control box. This may also help take some stress off those plastic pillars and keep them from breaking.

chris859

Feb 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting along side a fellow who uses an AT Pro. He's really proficient with it and makes some great finds. There is NOTHING my CTX picked up that he couldn't hear before I dug. I feel for the money, you just can't beat that machine. I'm really impressed with it, so much so I think I'm going to buy one.

I absolutely love my atpro. Just bought a gti2500 and disappointed. The gti does not refresh as fast as the atpro. When a detector doesn't refresh fast you Will miss targets. Like most detectors,you need field time and "listen" to what it tells you. The atpro doesn't miss much and my finds proved it. Definitely buy one and let the fun begin

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the AT Pro covered in mud, and still worked like a charm.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe they still make that GTI2500. I had one a few years ago. I hated that thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread