gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply...Im still a bit confused about this....

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe a more simple answer would be...The ability of your detectors processor to identify and process an object in the ground and let you know with a beep. Some detectors have slow processors which means you have to swing them slow to get accurate readings. Other detectors with fast processors will allow you to swing the loop faster and still get a good signal.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I have a new detector and it has a slower recovery time than my old one. I am swinging the coil and hit a signal indicating junk which I ignore and then I keep swinging. The coil passes over a silver coin right next to the junk but the detector doesn't "recover" in time to pick up the silver. It is still showing junk until a second or so and a couple more passes and then it "recovers" and shows the silver coin. Some detectors recover almost instantly and you can swing the coil fast. Other detectors have slower recovery times and requires the coil to be swung slower to keep from missing a good target. That's why it is suggested that you go back over a piece of ground later at a 90 degree angle, to pick up anything you might have missed because of a slow recovery time. Hope that simplifies it for you a bit. (I use to write tech manuals and had to write everything in laymans terms). Monty

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I get it now...I guess I have known all along what that was, and just did not know what it was called........LOL...........Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions