Restocking my Silver Box...and first bag!

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not long ago I broke down and sold 95% of the coins I have collected. Ever since I have felt this emptiness (yes really) about not having some silver lying around to go look at. So recently I have been slowly adding back to my empty box with 19 halves (mixed 40/90%) over the last couple of brinks boxes.

But...I went in Saturday morning to pick up my boxes and decided to ask about the bag in the counting machine. The teller said there was $65 in the bag so I bought it. I have heard many stories about shortages in bags so I was anxious to to get home and count it. I poured it all out...including the multitude of junk (hairballs and lint...ewwww) that were also in the bag.

Turns out I made a decent profit. There was actually $79.75 in the $65.00 bag. There was also 4 tokens (crap) and one coin with angels on both sides...I assume some religous token. I thought it was gold at first until I saw the rim...just pot metal. Anyways...not a bad deal. I made $14.75 in profit without even selling....

Upvote 0

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh cool..i didnt know you could ask for the bags...the machine i used this weekend broke again..they clean it in front of me..it was full of hairballs..lol

OP
OP
GlassyEyed

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hairballs...

Yep...when I go thru my coins there always seems to be a feel stray hairs...but man when I opened that bag.....nasty! there was a ball as big as my fist in there.

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Lol! That is why I always have my hand sanitizer with me when going through a bag. You can find some of the nastiest and least expected things in them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread