RESTRICTIONS ARE GROWING******

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I know detectors are being locked out because special interest groups don't like it. But I got a big dose of lockout this week. I went to Indian River Inlet De., south side, and paid the $7 fee to park on the lot. I detected for 4 hours and went back to the MH to walk Blue, my dog, in the dune area where the gate keeper said he was allowed. A white pickup pulled up and the driver said I had to leave because no dogs were allowed on the lot.
The next day I went to Lewes De. beach and detected for about 4 hours. The manager came over to me and said you have to leave. Motorhomes are not allowed on the beach parking lot. Hay they even had larger spaces marked!
The thing with small Townes is they figure visitors owe them and the motorhomes don't rent places to stay so they aren't welcome. The town councils are comprised of the business owners so the laws are biased. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Naturally, it doesn't help that many pet owner's walk their dogs and leave the mess. I can still remember the days I walked my little Mandy (passed away two years ago) with a poop bag in hand (not saying you don't Frankn). Unfortunately, many owner's just let their dogs go and just keep walking. That is probably why many places have restricted pets. As far as parking motor homes - same thing - the mess some of them leave - leaving the clean up to the land owner's. Heck, look what "I don't give a crap" has done to MD'ng - not filling in holes, etc. has caused many of the restrictions we now have to leave with... Some owner's just don't care and have totally ruined it for the rest of us. The bottom line is make darn sure you leave a place the way you found it - period! Maybe someday things will lighten up...

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like living in a communist country huh? hail hitler/Obama/big business/whatever just take our freedoms we don't care!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I have to agree packerbacker - once they take it away they seldom ever give it back. Such a shame...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a sad but true thing that happens all over.. It will more than likely never get any better.. People will do anything they can to make a buck and it only gets worese when the have a false sense of entitlement.,

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
navy, I'm not sure restrictions on anything ever get loosened.

Nope,once their claws are set in your flesh you would have better luck releasing yourself from a bear trap that closed on both your hands.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
First, I think it's absolutely hilarious to watch people walking around the neighborhood carrying steaming bags of dog poo- what a hoot~

Secondly, has anyone EVER seen a government become less restrictive?

The answer with our government today is not to enforce rules and laws already on the books, but simply make more and keep piling them on...

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
First, I think it's absolutely hilarious to watch people walking around the neighborhood carrying steaming bags of dog poo- what a hoot~

Secondly, has anyone EVER seen a government become less restrictive?

The answer with our government today is not to enforce rules and laws already on the books, but simply make more and keep piling them on...

I can think of a few things off hand: Slavery (gave them back freedom,) women (gave them the right to vote,) alcohol (took it away then gave it back,) MJ (never had right and now giving it,) and immigration (trying to give some of them citizenship.)

I am sure there a lot more things out there. Prilosec and Zyrtec used to be prescription but are now available over the counter. It really depends on how one wants to view the world. Lobbying groups can have things taken away but can also put them back. I'm not saying this will happen with metal detecting; however....

Crispin

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I can think of a few things off hand: Slavery (gave them back freedom,) women (gave them the right to vote,) alcohol (took it away then gave it back,) MJ (never had right and now giving it,) and immigration (trying to give some of them citizenship.)

I am sure there a lot more things out there. Prilosec and Zyrtec used to be prescription but are now available over the counter. It really depends on how one wants to view the world. Lobbying groups can have things taken away but can also put them back. I'm not saying this will happen with metal detecting; however....

Crispin

Well, I guess you got me there... 3 or 4 instances of less restriction compared to hundreds of instances of more restrictions....

My references were more along the lines and context of: Let's not enforce the no digging on historical sites or specific places when it's easier to simply outlaw the activity completely.

We used to have a permit in Florida to go fossil hunting. It's much easier to simply ban it than worry about any way to regulate it, thereby being more restrictive.

Make underwater treasure hunting so utterly restrictive it's now an insurmountable obstacle of governmental roadblocks for the ordinary treasure hunter.

Just ban it altogether... it's generally easier that way.

Put up a NO _______ sign for everyone.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I guess you got me there... 3 or 4 instances of less restriction compared to hundreds of instances of more restrictions....

My references were more along the lines and context of: Let's not enforce the no digging on historical sites or specific places when it's easier to simply outlaw the activity completely.

We used to have a permit in Florida to go fossil hunting. It's much easier to simply ban it than worry about any way to regulate it, thereby being more restrictive.

Make underwater treasure hunting so utterly restrictive it's now an insurmountable obstacle of governmental roadblocks for the ordinary treasure hunter.

Just ban it altogether... it's generally easier that way.

Put up a NO _______ sign for everyone.

I don't like restrictions anymore then you do. I have a lot of experience with being punished or having things taken away because one idiot ruins it for everybody. The problem is that it is not just one idiot. Idiots have a tendency to grow exponentially. One idiot sees another idiot doing something and says to himself, "Hey, if he can do it, why can't I?" Then another idiot sees that idiot doing the same thing and the next thing you know earth is being taken out to make room for an Panintergalatic Highway, "So long, and thanks for all the fish."

The growth of technology is inversely proportional to the average human intelligence. Further, each advance puts more powerful and more harmful devices at the fingertips of those who should least likely be able to harness it. Is there any age restriction on who can drive a waverunner? If so, it does not seem to be enforced. However, I see idiots young and old hurting themselves with those things all the time. The reverse can be said for age was well. Here in sunny Florida there is no shortage of older people on the road who flat out should not be driving. We all know who I'm talking about. They park in the handicap space, can barely get of the car, cannot hear a word, and vision is terrible.

Anywhere you see technology advance you see growing restrictions. This is a direct byproduct of the fact that you cannot restrict what does not exist. We did not have restrictions on metal detectors 40years ago because there was not one easily affordable to people that existed. It was not illegal to text/talk while driving 20 years ago because cell phones were the size of small suitcases. Designer drugs cannot be outlawed fast enough, chemists change the formula and get them right back on the street. Remember that whole face eating thing not so long ago?

Like I said, I hate restrictions just as much as the next guy. Heck, most times I just ignore them and do what I want. If I get caught then I will pay the fine. Do we want to let people drive while intoxicated? I don't think that was too much of a problem 100 years ago.

Respectfully,
Crispin

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the problems would be solved if we put electrical sockets back next to the bath tub again.

Why do we keep preventing people from drying their hair in the bath tub anyhow? Kinda seems like a simple way to thin the slow one's outta the herd a little quicker.

As long as we keep the dumb ones alive, the gene pool get's a little more polluted every generation and we have to keep making new rules and regulations to keep the lowest common denominator in the reproductive cycle. Seems a bit self-destructive as a race.

I picking up what your layin down brother...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I know detectors are being locked out because special interest groups don't like it. But I got a big dose of lockout this week. I went to Indian River Inlet De., south side, and paid the $7 fee to park on the lot. I detected for 4 hours and went back to the MH to walk Blue, my dog, in the dune area where the gate keeper said he was allowed. A white pickup pulled up and the driver said I had to leave because no dogs were allowed on the lot.
The next day I went to Lewes De. beach and detected for about 4 hours. The manager came over to me and said you have to leave. Motorhomes are not allowed on the beach parking lot. Hay they even had larger spaces marked!
The thing with small Townes is they figure visitors owe them and the motorhomes don't rent places to stay so they aren't welcome. The town councils are comprised of the business owners so the laws are biased. Frank...

View attachment 847703
Move along old timer, take your dog with you. Ain,t your beach.( Sorry that's what it sounds like to me.)
Big towns here are pay to play,and park,and most else too, imagine the rules are lengthy as well.A societal thing to keep it all shiny.

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL crispin didn't you know they took that MJ away in 1937 wasn't illegal till then

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused? I been reading a lot on here today but everything makes me think of something else....for instance, why does the US have 25% of the entire worlds population of prisoners. Yes this is a large country but 25% lets get real. The US only comprises 5% of the worlds population as of 2010, are American people really that bad? I don't think so, but I do think that if the people keep getting pushed eventually there will be a uprising and we will resemble what's being seen in the middle east at this moment. This country is seriously divided and the fault is getting deeper by the day. Our government and big business are out of control and out of touch. They want more control of our personal lives and more of our money to ship overseas while forgetting that as individuals we have less and less because of foreign trade deals and high taxes. For the life of me I don't see that stopping anytime soon we need to fix this but I surely don't know how. Here's where it get dangerous for us all. When someone has no hope, nothing left to lose and very little to gain does it really matter anymore? Think about it people, we have kids killing kids adults killing kids, kids and adults alike committing suicide they've been pushed to far by their peers or society. Then you have a lot of people with pent up anger (mostly backwoods types or country folk) that believe in God guns and guts that aren't going to be ran over and don't care what you think of them because they believe in freedom and live by principals and morals they grew up with. The writing is on the wall and history always repeats itself so you've been warned it's only going to get worse.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm confused? I been reading a lot on here today but everything makes me think of something else....for instance, why does the US have 25% of the entire worlds population of prisoners. Yes this is a large country but 25% lets get real. The US only comprises 5% of the worlds population as of 2010, are American people really that bad? I don't think so, but I do think that if the people keep getting pushed eventually there will be a uprising and we will resemble what's being seen in the middle east at this moment. This country is seriously divided and the fault is getting deeper by the day. Our government and big business are out of control and out of touch. They want more control of our personal lives and more of our money to ship overseas while forgetting that as individuals we have less and less because of foreign trade deals and high taxes. For the life of me I don't see that stopping anytime soon we need to fix this but I surely don't know how. Here's where it get dangerous for us all. When someone has no hope, nothing left to lose and very little to gain does it really matter anymore? Think about it people, we have kids killing kids adults killing kids, kids and adults alike committing suicide they've been pushed to far by their peers or society. Then you have a lot of people with pent up anger (mostly backwoods types or country folk) that believe in God guns and guts that aren't going to be ran over and don't care what you think of them because they believe in freedom and live by principals and morals they grew up with. The writing is on the wall and history always repeats itself so you've been warned it's only going to get worse.

Yep, all I'll add is it will be the older folks, there has been an entire generation lost.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

One awfully long run on paragraph you got yourself there.

From Seattle?

... and before you whine about someone insulting you, remember you are the one who plopped "mostly backwoods types or country folk" into a cute little insulting statement.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, all I'll add is it will be the older folks, there has been an entire generation lost.

Has anybody tried looking in the Bermuda triangle? I have heard lots of things get lost in there. Heck, somebody might even find good ole common sense while doing the search. Can you rephrase "been an entire generation lost" into something that is not a global, sweeping generalization. I've been a stickler for specifics lately...I'm sorry.

Crispin

Ps. You can address me as Capt. of Gen Y if you like, I would be happy to take on the mantle.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I will second that with, the memory of freedom which all of us old folks served for will be the spark. Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
First off, I want to let you know that I do carry a bag for the dog droppings in groomed areas and my MH is completely self contained and leaves nothing when I leave an area.

Now for my latest find. I was looking thru a flyer from Heartland America. Most of it is junk, but once in a while they come up with something good and I jump on it. I have noticed lately the list of 'can not ship to this area' listings are growing. Here's one. they have a cane which has a built in stun area in the bottom foot or so. This would be ideal for an elderly person to have some defense against attack from 2 or 4 legged animals. BUT they can't ship it to- CA,CT,HI,IA,IL,MA,MD,MI,MN,NJ,NY,PA,RI,WI,WASHINGTON D.C.,CANADA, and PR. Freedom lost, state by state. Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg Hay, when I posted this, PR showed up with a dotted underline. When I put the curser on it, it said Google page ranking. Is that from NSA?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread