OP
smurf-42

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Thanks everyone!

I was hoping for an IH, but happy with what I got for my first time.

phillips24 said:
That is an AWESOME copper percentage! Way to go.

Hubby and I talked alot about saving and not saving copper pennies since you can't melt them. We decided to save them. Now just got to figure out what to do with all of them.

Sue

phillips24

Aug 28, 2008
Illinois
smurf-42 said:
Hubby and I talked alot about saving and not saving copper pennies since you can't melt them. We decided to save them. Now just got to figure out what to do with all of them.

Sue

You can sell them fairly easily right now for 1.3 to 1.4 times face. Copper is bound to go up this year. If you want some more info there is a copper penny sorting forum that I also belong to. LOTS of great information on the topic.

http://realcent.forumco.com/

OP
OP
smurf-42

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
phillips24 said:
smurf-42 said:

Sue

You can sell them fairly easily right now for 1.3 to 1.4 times face. Copper is bound to go up this year. If you want some more info there is a copper penny sorting forum that I also belong to. LOTS of great information on the topic.

http://realcent.forumco.com/

I have been in that web site. Matter of fact, I have it saved in my favorites. Do people sell copper by the rolls or single penny? If it is rolls, do they put the same year in 1 roll? Right now I probably have about $15.00 just in copper pennies, not including Wheats. When I get to about $50.00 in copper pennies, I would like to start selling some off to reinvest in more pennies. Would Ebay be the best way to sell them? I know the Coin Store near me doesn't buy any copper pennies and not sure of any other places around here that would.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am just starting in CRH and need all the help I can get from great people like you.

Sue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions