Retirement of my Wal Mart Special - Bounty Hunter Poineer 505

gmu4me

Jan 15, 2006
Culpeper, Va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
All,

I have been following this board since I started MDing, about 6 months ago. I started out with a Wal Mart Special -- Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. It was a total impulse buy... no research no nothing.. I just wanted to go with my friends out in the fields to search for Civil War artifacts. The machine proved highly effective for me, however not as effective as my friends' more advanced Whites and MineLabs. So, after conducting some research and reading reviews, I am purchasing a Whites MXT tomorrow so I can compete with my friends out in the fields... (thanks to all those who provided posts on the MXT).

I visit this board every day to see the wonderful things that people are discovering. I wanted to share images of the relics that I found with my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. This will be the first of several posts. It shows my small collection with some close-ups of some of the more interesting items. I am hoping that I will be able to share MANY more images with you all after I get my MXT up and going.

Thank you all for this wonderful forum and sharing your pics...

Dean

Attachments

• relicDetails.jpg
    relicDetails.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 440
  • 1851Plate.jpg
    1851Plate.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 456
  • shenkle1.jpg
    shenkle1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 454
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 455
Upvote 1

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Dean,
Great finds with the Bounty hunter, not sure if I'd retire her so fast. The White's is a great machine , but nothing can take the place of persistence, thats what it takes.

Die hard,
Smartin

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Welcome Dean! Love the belt plate! (better than anything I've found yet, darn winter in NH)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my MXT!...But....looks like your BH has been doing purdy good!!!

Those are some GREAT finds!!!

Welcome to the forum Dean!

;)

OP
OP
gmu4me

gmu4me

Jan 15, 2006
Culpeper, Va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Thanks for all the comments! Great to be here. Problem with my Poineer 505 is that it lacks the depth of the MXT. 90% of my finds are were within the 2-6" range and from undisturbed grass fields, as opposed to crop fields that get plowed every year. I need the depth to be able to compete in crop fields that have been hunted for decades... Thats where I am getting spanked by my friends! Last month 2 of my friends pulled 45+ bullets out of a field that I found nothing in the week before... One found a CS tongue in prime condition that was about 13" deep.

Is there an intervention group for Relic Hunters Addiction!! :-) I am hooked!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN forum Dean!

Neat finds and HH :)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! The BH will be a great back up. Good luck and HH. :)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome aboard, Dean. Thanks for posting the pictures of your finds. Your BH will make a nice backup detector.

Uh....I think you're in the wrong place. We're your SUPPORT group for relic hunters addiction. ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
haupin said:
Welcome aboard, Dean. Thanks for posting the pictures of your finds. Your BH will make a nice backup detector.

Uh....I think you're in the wrong place. We're your SUPPORT group for relic hunters addiction. ;D

Hello ...My name is Gypsy...I am a reli-holic.....LOL...... ;)
Welcome to the 12 step program ....

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Welcome Dean. We don't have any CW relics here on the west coast, but I sure like seeing the ones that get found and posted here. Good luck with your new machine and I have a feeling we will be seeing some more good artifacts posted by you.

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
THE RELIC AHOLIC 12 STEP PROGRAM....
1. GET DETECTOR OUT OF CAR
2. TURN DETECTOR ON
3. CHECK BATTERY
4. GROUND BALLANCE
5. GO LIKE HELL UNTIL YOU REACH STEP 9
9. DIG
10. SWING LIKE HELL UNTIL YOU REACH STEP 12
12.GO BACK TO 4 AND START AGAIN.

THAT IS TREASURENETS 12 STEP RELIC AHOLIC PROGRAM
PLEASE FORWARD ALL RESPONCES TO MY CELL PHONE 'CUZ I AM SOMEWHERE BETWEEN STEP 4 AND 12, AND DONT WANT TO BE DISTURBED.
HAPPY HUNTING
LGP

bryan

Feb 7, 2006
Southern Illinois
congrats on the finds.. looks like you were getting some good stuff!! You will like the MXT, whites has good products and there service is really good. Untill your warantee runs out. lol ::) any who im sure that you will be getting alot more finds with the whites good luck.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GH and Lone gunman neglected to tell you about the new program that has 13 steps. The 13th. step includes sending all good finds to burdie so that you will feel the need to follow the first 12 steps.
Congrats on your finds. Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread