retirement

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nice thing about retirement is that there are "6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday in every week", and their all full with things to do.

Enjoy

fccdfed
Retired June 2007 (but still kickin)

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
this is all i can think of currently! 3 days,5 hours!
;D Know what you mean, I have 12 mo. left and that's all I can think about too. Best of luck and happy hunting.

Gator-Flea..............

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
i'v been retired now for 5 years, i dont have the same week as some of yor folks
6 saturdays one sunday
i have 5 saturdays, one sunday and one day off----lol--n :icon_sunny:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I'm coming up on 16 yr retired.All I can say is,whatever plans you have,do it as soon as you can.My plans and hopes were dashed the first year.You never know what the next day has in store that might change or dash all of your plans.Best wishes to all you retirees and soon to be retirees.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
I enjoy the heck outta retirement, not sure how I had time to raise 2 kids and work 24 hr. shifts running into buring buildings.
Im still going mach 4, mostly volunteer work cooking for our little community park.
Summertime im volunteering at the park doing projects and working our little fair.
Villiage of less than 200 population, we draw 35 thousand folks to our fair.
Congrats on your retirement.

Mike

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been retired now just a tad shy of 6 years. Amazing how so many say, they don't realize how they ever got anything done while they worked, just seems like time in retirement goes by so much faster, no more clock watching or even much worrying about what day of the week it is.

I do agree with Warsawdaddy on, if you plan on doing something special make sure you get it out of the way ASAP, otherwise things pop up that prevent you from those plans. Overall, retirement is great.........

What is the most important thing in retirement? Try and stay healthy!!!!!

Don

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to take an early retirement due to an injury. I'd druther be working if I had my druthers! I told my wife many times I need to go back to work just to get some rest ! Stay busy and stay healthy and the best way to do that is go metal detecting. Monty

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to go back to work.
"Overqualified" is a bad word.

Yes boredom is terrible.

Grey