Return to Cannonball Beach!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got back out to Cannonball Beach this morning but this time I had some competition...The Patriot joined me for a day of detecting. We got there at high tide and detected the tide all the way down and back up again. We were heading back to the car with pouches of musket balls but no cannonballs. We were back in the area where I had found three previously and sure enough out popped another. I was hoping that The Patriot would have found it but I wasn't complaining too much...and we'll be back at it tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure that this is an 8 pounder but I haven't weighed it yet.

The Patriot had me beat at the next site but I'll leave that for his post. Stay tuned for updates after tomorrow's hunt.

Attachments

• 24 May 2011 004.jpg
    24 May 2011 004.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,122
Upvote 0

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Romeo you are inspiring me to go on a quest with all your awesome cannon ball finds ! There has been some ships cannons fired on to land in my vicinity in the past . Congrads on another one ! And a different size at that ! Will make for a better display :hello2: M.R.

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MaineRelic said:
Romeo you are inspiring me to go on a quest with all your awesome cannon ball finds ! There has been some ships cannons fired on to land in my vicinity in the past . Congrads on another one ! And a different size at that ! Will make for a better display :hello2: M.R.

Go for it! If you know where the activity was it shouldn't be too difficult to find the cannonballs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread