Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last year I ate this elephant one bite at a time--- over $200 in clad, 2 silver qtrs., a buff, 2 Mercs., 8 Sterling rings and charms, a grim reaper biker ring-- then walked away thinking I got it all. back again last week and tried my new attack with the Ace, short slow swings at mid sens., count the hits then hover each target to sort the good stuff. there are average 3 pennies per square foot that I don't dig, but amazing how many nics, dimes & qtrs. try to hide under a penny. sadly the earring is marked GF on the pin. invited FMERG to join yesterday and he gets $8 in clad + a nice Sterling ring. I am leaving most of the pennies for future diggers ( about 10,000 of them). a good guess is there is still another C NOTE in clad yet to dig + more jewelry and even some silver, so back again today. IMG_1481.JPG IMG_1482.JPG IMG_1483.JPG one last note to the guy who left a pulltab in a dug hole, get a pouch to put the trash in-- then take it to a garbage barrel when you leave!!!!:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:. when the toddlers ask what I am doing, I tell them people plant pennies in the fall and they grow into nickels, dimes, and quarters over the winter. I am just harvesting the crop.

Upvote 6

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My knees hurt just looking at your photos! Heck of hunting ground you have there. Best of luck and continued success!

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kneepad on right knee, drop to the same and dig, use the Ace to hoist my sad self to upright--- then repeat as needed

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Say hi to my friend fmerg--I haven't hunted with him in a while now, but very nice guy! Glad to see he's still detecting and making great finds.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you or taking the time to share your hunt and those pictures with us

Top Member Reactions