Return to the Crossed Cannons site - LC, IHPs, Barber, Marbles & more!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a couple hours in yesterday at the farm where I found the crossed cannons insignia last week. I had a pretty good hunt with an 1848 Large Cent, 1862 fatty IHP, 1908 IHP, 1904 Barber dime, a beautiful 1916 Canadian penny, and couple very old marbles. Also got some early wheats including a 1909. Of the 22 pennies from this yard 8 were IHP, 12 wheats, 1 Canadian, and only 1 Memorial.

Here is the group shot
2-24-19 all.JPG

Reverse of some of the coins
coins.jpg

I found these two marbles which I believe are both 19th century. I can't take credit for digging the swirly one. A mole dug it up. It was just laying there in his little dirt pile. The other one was in the hole with the 1904 dime. When I saw it in the hole I thought it was a musket ball at first. But I would take a marble like this ove a musket ball any day. I will post them on the Marble forum and see what I can find out about them.
marbles 1.jpg marbles 2.jpg

And the obligatory dirt shots - LC and Barber
dirt LC.JPG dirt dime.JPG

Thanks for looking
Steve

Upvote 43

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great hunt! The LC is my favorite, but I’ve never found a Canadian LC, so very cool coin there. The marbles are unique and a Barber to top it off, nice. Congrats!!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt, I'd be thrilled with the marbles, very nice assortment of coins, congratulations on all the saves, HH

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Steve!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt Steve thats a site I dream about glad you found it and hope you keep finding great stuff my Friend. Tommy

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
darn good spot! great marbles too, never pass them up. got to be some more in there

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had an awesome hunt! Man you got so much! LC, Barber, IHP's, wheats, and a foreign coin! And those great looking marbles! I could only dream of a day like that! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome job, congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves!!!
Thanks Lairmo!
Another great hunt! The LC is my favorite, but I’ve never found a Canadian LC, so very cool coin there. The marbles are unique and a Barber to top it off, nice. Congrats!!
Thanks Thad. I had a case of Michelob Ultra for the farmer, but he wasn't home this time. Hopefully I'll see him before I drink it :laughing7:
Good hunt, I'd be thrilled with the marbles, very nice assortment of coins, congratulations on all the saves, HH
I was happy with those marbles. In three trips I've found three marbles. I wonder how many are in this yard?
Great finds Steve!
Thanks Doc!
Thanks Casper!

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great Hunt!!! I love everything you found especially that swirl marble I’m in love [emoji7]
Thanks Truth. I found out the marble you love is already married :laughing7: She was born is Germany, hand made, and is called an "Indian"
darn good spot! great marbles too, never pass them up. got to be some more in there
I usually like looking for older stuff, late 18th century/early 19th century, but this spot has been fun.
You had an awesome hunt! Man you got so much! LC, Barber, IHP's, wheats, and a foreign coin! And those great looking marbles! I could only dream of a day like that! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Why Me? Places like this are out there, you just have to knock on the right door!
Good hunt Steve thats a site I dream about glad you found it and hope you keep finding great stuff my Friend. Tommy
Thanks Tommy. This place wasn't hard to find, but I was lucky that the farmer is so cool about me hunting on his property.

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your diggin some great finds at that old farm.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting