Return to the Roman/Saxon Site - Day 2...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This went pretty much as I expected. I only had a short hunt of 3 hours 45mins (Dad joined me for 1.5 hours) making sure I had cleared the saxon area (now complete). I only got 2 bits that I now think are part of a penannular brooch (date unknown; might be Roman/Saxon/Medieval??). I thought they were part of another piece I had & they are, just missing 1 bit (see last photo).

Dad got a nice medieval buckle, find of the day.
1 scrappy (not pictured)
Buttons
Medieval Couldron Foot
Roman Bracelet fragment
Cloth Seal
Bits...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 4

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice buckle and getting more pieces of the bracelet, can you recall if the pieces were close to one another?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Congrats!

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cru, glad to see you are still finding a lot buttons, still keeping count? Not been on the site much at all, busy with other things and that just takes time.
Had a nice hunt this year in England, found some nice stuff. Have not heard from the professor Daryl for a long time, will send him a message to see if he is still OK.
Take care

Earl

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cru, glad to see you are still finding a lot buttons, still keeping count? Not been on the site much at all, busy with other things and that just takes time.
Had a nice hunt this year in England, found some nice stuff. Have not heard from the professor Daryl for a long time, will send him a message to see if he is still OK.
Take care

Earl

Good to hear from you & yes we are keeping your tradition alive, but the buttons are low this year; currently 1233.
We may not have had quantity this year although we more than made up the gap with some quality items including several 'firsts' & my oldest coin ever.

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear from you & yes we are keeping your tradition alive, but the buttons are low this year; currently 1233.
We may not have had quantity this year although we more than made up the gap with some quality items including several 'firsts' & my oldest coin ever.
Glad to hear about the button count, quota a bit low, but there is still time to find the nice ones.
Will see if I can find your old coin (iron era? or earlier?)...
Did you have good finds this year?

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOUND IT. Cantii Potin. Real nice coin! I have found a few too, one or two in England and a few in France. Hard to find but they are around. Of course the places I found them was a Celtic area, where yours was not!

My friend in France lucked out better than we did, he found one afternoon a good place, bronze axes and a lot of potins ! Wish I had been with him searching that day. 2012-05-27184610_zps82db3b48.jpg

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOUND IT. Cantii Potin. Real nice coin! I have found a few too, one or two in England and a few in France. Hard to find but they are around. Of course the places I found them was a Celtic area, where yours was not!

My friend in France lucked out better than we did, he found one afternoon a good place, bronze axes and a lot of potins ! Wish I had been with him searching that day. View attachment 899638

We are in the wrong area to get these. However....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread