May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a couple hours this afternoon to go back to the school I hit a couple weeks ago that seemed like it had never been touched before . Still targets everywhere and even some old stuff popped up . Not sure why the old coins were there, the school isn't that old but im not going to ask a lot of questions just dig them and smile . 100_0634.JPG 100_0644.JPG 100_0647.JPG Included in the coins Toasted 189? V nickel , 1893 & 1897 Toasted IH, 1944 merc and 9 wheat cents .
Found a little kids badge and the smallest bulldozer I have ever dug 100_0640.JPG 100_0643.JPG
As I was walking back toward my truck I dug a totally worn smooth cut coin ..its just a little smaller then a penny there is no details that I can make out on it and it seems to be made of copper . See if you guys can see anything 100_0621.JPG 100_0622.JPG 100_0624.JPG
As I was almost to my truck I noticed a large oak tree all by itself next to the driveway and walked over and made one pass around it . As I was almost all the way around I got a faint signal at about 9 inches . Did not expect a ring to pop out and definitely didn't expect to see mickey on it when I got it cleaned off . 100_0627.JPG 100_0648.JPG
So the old school continues to surprise and excite with its variety of goodies its giving up and I have yet to make it over the whole grounds for the first time . Sorry my posts always seem to be long and I write a lot of story with them . But there is no one for me to share my discoveries and passion for this hobby(obsession) with who understands why I continue to dig dirty pieces of metal out of the ground . So thank you for always being willing to listen to my rambles . HH and keep them coils swinging

Upvote 12

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Mickey ring, cool find. That Merc is a nice looking coin too. As for "why old coins", well before there were buildings there were people. The city I'm in was established in 1732 so no matter what is on the land now, people have been here far longer, so you can find anything, anywhere at any time.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep hitting that spot, the more you get out the more you'll find. Nice finds, nice spot.

OP
OP
46Wheat

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Mickey ring, cool find. That Merc is a nice looking coin too. As for "why old coins", well before there were buildings there were people. The city I'm in was established in 1732 so no matter what is on the land now, people have been here far longer, so you can find anything, anywhere at any time.
Like I said im not going to worry to much about where they came from . Just dig them and smile :laughing7:

lowcountry

Jan 30, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the stories and we all understand the feeling of excitement that comes with this hobby!! The story just makes it better to read and place ourselves there with you!! :)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Mickey Silver 'I think so' the pic, kinda has a Gold look to it.
Still never dug a V nickel , Your on a good site.
Also don't worry my posts turn into Rants, so t's Cool.
Thx for the Pic's.
Davers

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the Mickey ring also....Sometimes the simpler things just stand out more. I was on a hunt the other day and found a couple rings, one was very nice and the other was all crusty. The fact I could not see what was under the crusty ring made it much more interesting then the gold ring.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Mickey ring and Mercury dime !! :occasion14: Good story too thanks for the post :coffee2:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's my kind of dirt fishing. Plenty of coins to dig. Congrats on a very nice hunt. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
46Wheat

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Mickey Silver 'I think so' the pic, kinda has a Gold look to it.
Still never dug a V nickel , Your on a good site.
Also don't worry my posts turn into Rants, so t's Cool.
Thx for the Pic's.
Davers

No the ring isn't silver . It has kind of a gold glow to it , I believe its brass

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions