🥇 BANNER REV WAR British 31st ROF Grenadiers Cartridge Box Plate!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REV WAR British 31st Grenadiers Cartridge Box Plate....UPDATE

Always dreamt I would find one of these. After about an hour, at the first virgin hole in over a year, me and my brother in law had some luck. Hits were everywhere. A toasted Draped Bust LC, a 1848 LC, buttons and .....THE PRIZE! I knew right away what I had, just couldn't believe my eyes. As I flipped out and screamed to Rich to get over to me, he said....."Ya got silver?" Nope....."Ya got Gold?" Nope......BETTER!!! Then I noticed the 31. There were a lot of prisoners from the 31st taken at Saratoga. Looked for about 15mins for the "GR" with the pin pointer but couldn't locate any of it. FINALLY!!!! After 2 years I have something decent to post! Definitely going back. What a day. Enjoy Hogge Update: I guess it's ok to blat it out now............Made W&E Treasures Magazine Best Finds of 2015. Second time for me. Made it back in 2009, with my Rev War Royal Artillery Belt tip from 2008. They told me last week. Did anyone else find out they made it?? Hogge

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 649
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 505
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 645
  • image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 475
  • image8.JPG
    image8.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:
Upvote 64

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome man!! Love that era in history!! Not too versed in it though, yet anyways. When you guys talk about the "GR" what exactly are you referring to?? I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. Congrats from Springfield my man. Cheers.

"British brass cartridgebox badge with GR cypher for George III"

Attachments

• RWi24ds-British brass cartridgebox badge with GR cypher for George III.jpg
    RWi24ds-British brass cartridgebox badge with GR cypher for George III.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 67

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
"British brass cartridgebox badge with GR cypher for George III"

God bless you...
For a while there even through the countless "oohs and ahhhhhhs," the "your an amazing articulator and a man amongst men", the "this is the rarest of the rare and the highest of highs", the "etc, etc, etc, ....... "

Through it ALL, I had just about lost hope that you or someone else would eventually actually identify your find. Congratulations!
So....I completely understand where the GR went, but where's the 31 on the sample?

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome man!! Love that era in history!! Not too versed in it though, yet anyways. When you guys talk about the "GR" what exactly are you referring to?? I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. Congrats from Springfield my man. Cheers.

Brother, you are not or have not ever been alone!

LOL, I wonder how many posters voted banner and congratulated profusely without having any idea at all what the OP's find was........

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless you...
For a while there even through the countless "oohs and ahhhhhhs," the "your an amazing articulator and a man amongst men", the "this is the rarest of the rare and the highest of highs", the "etc, etc, etc, ....... "

Through it ALL, I had just about lost hope that you or someone else would eventually actually identify your find. Congratulations!
So....I completely understand where the GR went, but where's the 31 on the sample?

The one above was not designated to any particular regiment, like the 31st Regiment for that one that was dug.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow! Congrats Hogge on the find and the well deserved banner! It looks great up there! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find on your Revolutionary War British Box Plate Hogge! :occasion14:
Being able to find & save anything from this early war in American history is just amazing!

Congrats on making the BANNER too! :thumbsup:
Dave

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IP.....So The "GR" would stand for , like on a coin, "Georgius Rex"? I thought it stood for Guards Regiment. Learned something there.

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to brother Buzzy on another Awesome find....BANNER!!!!:headbang:
Hey "Kimbers", Use your powers of persuasion and get permission from some of those people near the Bennington Battlefield. Then we can find more stuff like this! "Buzzy"

vonrall

Apr 17, 2009
Don T. sent me 2 pm's. In both, he said he would like to buy it. He knows I sell, but at the moment, just "entertaining" offers. Would like to locate the "GR", if I can find it, before I sell. Will probably accept the best offer within a couple weeks or so. I still have to take some more pics for my wall collection!:laughing7: I can tell you he is quite interested. Hogge

I did not PM Todd about this, he emailed me first with a picture wanting to know the value. I didn't see it on Treasurenet until he mentioned it was there. I emailed him back twice (he didn't answer my first reply or the second for that matter) expressing interest to purchase . I could not imagine he would trumpet my email content on Treasurenet for all to see. Maybe he wants to advertise my interest as a ploy to fire up the bidding war he is planning on. Won't work, IMO this is untrustworthy behavior (I'm being kind) and will not deal with those I cannot trust. With 40% missing it's not a big deal for me to have. I buy things from relic hunters frequently and confidentiality(especially before a possible transaction is concluded) is considered a basic business courtesy. Don Troiani

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whoa dude! That is amazing & very well deserved! congrats!

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not PM Todd about this, he emailed me first with a picture wanting to know the value. I didn't see it on Treasurenet until he mentioned it was there. I emailed him back twice (he didn't answer my first reply or the second for that matter) expressing interest to purchase . I could not imagine he would trumpet my email content on Treasurenet for all to see. Maybe he wants to advertise my interest as a ploy to fire up the bidding war he is planning on. Won't work, IMO this is untrustworthy behavior (I'm being kind) and will not deal with those I cannot trust. With 40% missing it's not a big deal for me to have. I buy things from relic hunters frequently and confidentiality(especially before a possible transaction is concluded) is considered a basic business courtesy. Don Troiani
Don.....Please accept my apology. I guess I got caught up in the moment, (so to speak), and successfully, BUT UNINTENTIONALLY, ticked someone off. BUT DON"T EVER CALL ME UNTRUSTWORTHY.......SIR!

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. What a find. Nothing like the Berkshires in the fall, it's been a great season and to see something so rare. Damn dude, congratulations, that's a once in a lifetime, awesome to see it on the banner. One of these days we're going to run into each other out in the woods!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Totally understand. Even when quoting experts, I leave names out of an open forum. I try & remind some on here that if quoting emails to leave out the name unless permission is gained. Its a lesson for all reading this. With or without money involved.

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally understand. Even when quoting experts, I leave names out of an open forum. I try & remind some on here that if quoting emails to leave out the name unless permission is gained. Its a lesson for all reading this. With or without money involved.
My Bad.....as I stated. BUT!..............IN MY OPINION.......< and we all have one> I see it as "cry baby" stuff! I'll leave it at that. If he doesn't want his name in an open forum, he shouldn't be a member.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread