Rev War Military, and Rare Blacksmith token!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today is my 15th anniversary for finding my first old coins detecting , and we did an anniversary hunt and damn was it a hunt! We started back where I had dug the early military from last post and did ok there, then walked to the middle of the next field and found a little more, walked to the bottom and found more, crossed the river and found a little site where Rev War pewters were flying... and then even one final new site which gave up quite a few small buttons and each a large copper, but little else.

The day was great. 10 large coppers, Large Rev War era Navy officer button, 4 RPs, and a crude anchor that I have no idea about, and is not in the books... but sure gives the impression of Continental Navy!

So I get home and am looking over the coppers, and cleaning what I can, and see one that catches my attention and think..... hmmm... is that what I think it might be... well probably not. I even set it aside and forget about it for 20 minutes looking at everything else.... but the 2nd time it got my attention I grabbed my book and immediately turned to the Blacksmith section and bam! What a way to celebrate my 15th Anniversary of finding my first old coins by finding my first blacksmith token! She is not beautiful, but I have been waiting most of those 15 years to get one and strange this happened to be the day. And it's a fairly rare one too! :headbang:

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 199
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 199
  • z14.jpg
    z14.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 192
  • w4.jpg
    w4.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 186
  • w4a.jpg
    w4a.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 199
  • z12.jpg
    z12.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 204
  • w6.jpg
    w6.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Upvote 27
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations IP on your spectacular
Finds. I admit this is the first time I've
Ever heard of or seen a blacksmiths
Token. Thanks for the article link.

Seems many aren't familiar, and there's good reasons for it, including they are very rarely dug and posted.... even the more common ones you never seem to see. It's sort of strange the only two that made it on here are both fairly rare.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Missed this post...time to dig through my copper pile I guess...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread