nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Everyone, (Lifes a garden dig it) and myself got out today on a revisit to Our Colonial/ Rev War site where we dug the USA Button,Script I button and KG II and NJ Copper on the previous hunt. We decided today that we would swing without discrimination and see if we could pull some deep pewter and any relics we missed last time. It turned out to be a pretty good day, with some buttons that had been holed after the shanks broke long ago, a nice cuff button with shank still intact and part of a pewter button. another piece of pewter that has a sea shell type pattern i'm not sure what it's from that is pictured above the buttons, also found is the main part of a Leather cutting tool,and several relics were not really for sure what they are that is displayed on the Green background, so any iding would be Great. We don't get the chance very often to dig at a Colonial site, so Appreciate the help. I believe there is still another really good find waiting for our coils to cross it, but with swinging in a cut cornfield,it makes it always tough.

Thanks for Looking, Bill

Attachments

• 20141129_172810.jpg
    20141129_172810.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 109
  • photo (30).JPG
    photo (30).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 114
  • photo (32).JPG
    photo (32).JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20141129_172923.jpeg
    20141129_172923.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Upvote 6

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those holed buttons are neat. Shows nothing was wasted and everything had a purpose. Corn fields are tough, but I still like not having to be perfect with the backfills.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. Think you are doing the right thing beating that site. I have been hitting a little ghost town here in Tennessee that dates back to 1812 and have hammered several of the home sites. Just when I am ready to say Uncle, out pops something else that makes it worth the trip. My nemesis is the coins, tons of good relics but no coins from the period (1812-1865). Having already found some killer coins at your site, the possibility of another would certainly keep me at it. I just recently started hunting some of my old sites in all metal and believe I have found a few things that I may have passed in discriminate. Keep at it. Looking forward to what else comes out there. HH

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been there done that on the corn rows Bill but you guys dug a nice variety. HH, Q.

Thanks Quindy, I am glad we have been finding a nice variety of iron, I have a few other colonial sites I am hoping to get the permission to search and all the iron will sure add insite to it's period of time in Kentucky.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those holed buttons are neat. Shows nothing was wasted and everything had a purpose. Corn fields are tough, but I still like not having to be perfect with the backfills.

Yes, your absolutely right, If one is not wasteful than one will not be needy and that resourcefulness was part of survival.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions