Revolutionary and civil war trail maps

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
I looked online a bit, but never quite found what I was looking for. Is their a site or someplace to look that would show you where the soldiers camped and the routes they may have taken. I'm pretty sure there was activity in PA during the revolutionary war and I know they camped close by during the civil wR. I was wondering if they may have walked through some of the state park which is allowed to be detected. Where they camped doesn't allow any detecting.

Upvote 0

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know there is a book (sorry can't remember author, but you can google lesser known revolutionary war battles and skirmishes-
title should come up. The author lists every battle and skirmish-many unknown by most along with descriptions and exact locations often with a map. I want this book, and I think it might be what you are looking for at least for Revolutionary war.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a site with civil war battle info for Ohio. I would also try looking up the various troops that served from Ohio. Usually there are detailed records on the movement of each company during the war.

Civil War Sites in Ohio

Revolutionary war is a little tougher. You may find consolidated pension application records for your state, which can contain a lot of information about the locations and battles the soldiers served in.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a site with civil war battle info for Ohio. I would also try looking up the various troops that served from Ohio. Usually there are detailed records on the movement of each company during the war.

Civil War Sites in Ohio

Revolutionary war is a little tougher. You may find consolidated pension application records for your state, which can contain a lot of information about the locations and battles the soldiers served in.

Thanks for the links.

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Civil War Sites in Ohio

That's a nice quick reference site, but I know for sure their list is missing many skirmishes from the NC section.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow
thanks now the dream-in starts

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread