Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I guess it was a Revolutionary War kind of hunt. Got back to exploring the shores of St-Lawrence (near Montreal) as my fields don't seem eager to trow at me their treasures this year. A bit of a slow day with very little finds but just before the dark got my very first complete 60th Regiment of foot (Royal Americans) coat sized button. An absolutely beautiful color! Than a few feet away, deep in the mud a 1775 George III Britannia Halfpenny (a counterfeit) also very well preserved. Always wanted to find a 1775 British coin for my collection and being able to find it next to a beautiful Rev War button is an absolute cherry on the cake!

A great little hunt!

Attachments

• DSC_0402.JPG
    DSC_0402.JPG
    752 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC_0414a.JPG
    DSC_0414a.JPG
    814 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC_0410.JPG
    DSC_0410.JPG
    820.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Upvote 32

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful Rev War Royal Americans button. The mud and water really helped out with that one as it did with KGIII. You might want to get an expert opinion on that one because I believe those denticles around the rim are indicative of a Machins Mills counterfeit. However the only 1775 listed is a Vlack 4-75A, and the kings head is different. Maybe IP can chime in.

Yes, British, and you're right, only being one 1775 MM always makes it easy. As nice as the coin is it's only worth what the button would be in very poor condition.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Two beautiful finds! Such nice condition too. Congrats.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the nicest condition coin-relic combinations I've seen. I missed this post being away for a few days, but hope it cycles up for a bit. Thanks for sharing your discoveries

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of the nicest condition coin-relic combinations I've seen. I missed this post being away for a few days, but hope it cycles up for a bit. Thanks for sharing your discoveries

Thank You!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions