✅ SOLVED Revolutionary/War of 1812 button?

Captain_Linz

Jul 23, 2013
Detroit, MI
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I found this in the sand on the shore of Lake Erie. It's about the size of a penny. I don't know the specific material, but I know it's a metal. There are no other markings besides the "United States" and "13" on the front. I've had it for a few years now and never found out much about it. :icon_scratch:

GEDC4164.JPG GEDC4166.JPG

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cast pewter 13th Infantry Regiment. Alberts Gl 28 - R13 - RV 20 (rarity) Circa. about 1800. Superb condition for a found pewter button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Captain_Linz

Jul 23, 2013
Detroit, MI
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you so much! I had assumed the 13 stood for the colonies which is probably why I never found much. You wouldn't happen to know where I could get a copy of that book would you?

Thanks again! This was my first ever real find and I'm pretty excited. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in the sand on the shore of Lake Erie. It's about the size of a penny. I don't know the specific material, but I know it's a metal. There are no other markings besides the "United States" and "13" on the front. I've had it for a few years now and never found out much about it. :icon_scratch:

View attachment 832861 View attachment 832862
If i may ask what part of Lake Erie shore?,I am from Erie,PA.Could possiby have been a Soldier/Sailor walking the shore..At least that sound's cool! HAPPY HUNTING ALL,Nice find!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread