Ricardos Tri-State Area Hunt Photos & Story

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Ricardo's Tri-State Area Hunt Photos & Story

Firstly, I'd like to thank Glenn (TreasureDiggerNY) for being the excellent host and organizer that he is. He made it the day that it was. The attention to detail was amazing and he was a one man show out there. I was thrilled to see him pull through and make two excellent coin finds. Congrats Glenn. We had a good turnout with several people there, and it really was a nice crowd.
I was fortunate enough to nail a silver washington quarter that was on the deeper end mixed in with a wheatie. As is the case, I had a bad run in with a ranger who decided that a mowed lawn with bald spots all over and weeds around was a "Manicured Lawn" and was issued a $250 summons. She of course had no reservation in putting the wheels of the truck on the manicured lawn, but that's just a little bonus towards the defense, as I have photos of it all. The strategy is already in place, and the loop-holes towards not even having her present at the hearing have already been discovered. I am fully confident that I will have this summons dismissed or reduced to nothing, and on my behalf and that of all the New York City metal detectorists, I will file a formal complaint against this ranger and do everything in the power of writing to ensure that we will not be the targets of unfair and unprofessional behavior by these sort of people. People that have no business working in that profession. Enclosed are photos of the event and my silver find.

Attachments

• TriState1.jpg
    TriState1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 527
  • TriSate2.jpg
    TriSate2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 525
  • TriState3.jpg
    TriState3.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 512
  • TriState4a.jpg
    TriState4a.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 518
  • TriState5.jpg
    TriState5.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 507
  • TriState7.jpg
    TriState7.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 512
  • TriStateQuarter.jpg
    TriStateQuarter.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 515
Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Re: Ricardo's Tri-State Area Hunt Photos & Story

Thanks for the kind words Ricardo, I am glad you had a good time, I had a blast. I'm glad you were there when I got the merc, that was cool. Can't wait for the next get-together.

No doubt you'll get that dismissed, should have been a warning if anything, seeing her truck in the grass was priceless. I think she was showing off for the trainee in the truck.

Great pics, great day it was nice meeting you, looking forward to more hunts.

Glenn

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006

Nice silver,Bud!!Too bad you had you had to run into that idiot with the power complex,press that complaint against her!Hopefully that ticket is dismissed.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

All she had to do was give you a verbal warning.$250,for what,so they could buy some more grass seed to fix there ugly bald spot's.....ridiculous :tard: From the pic's it looked like you all had a great time,good friend's,grub and a day's worth of swingin'.Thank's for sharing Ricardo and good luck with the lawn police!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, that looks like fun. Nice find and pictures, when are we going to see some more Youtube hunts or vids?

Keep @ it and HH!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Man sorry about your situation but you sure are finding the good stuff with the Explorer. Keep it up.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

It is always nice to get out and swing with people who enjoy the same passion. You guys pulled out some nice recoveries.

That summons will get dismissed in no time.

Kyle

stormfighter

Mar 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
DFX

Excellent pics :thumbsup: I seen that b** she was watching me dig so I stopped and smoked a butt until she left.Bogus Ticket!!!! I hope to get together again.Fresh batteries in the DFX will travel.

OP
OP
Ricardo_NY1

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250

Stormfighter said:
I seen that b** she was watching me dig so I stopped and smoked a butt until she left.Bogus Ticket!!!!
Tell me about it. I should keep my eyes open next time and place around. You never know. Better safe than sorry, not that I'm sorry. I got a silver quarter out that hole and a small project to win one for us out here.

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ricardo_NY1 said:
Stormfighter said:
I seen that b** she was watching me dig so I stopped and smoked a butt until she left.Bogus Ticket!!!!
Tell me about it. I should keep my eyes open next time and place around. You never know. Better safe than sorry, not that I'm sorry. I got a silver quarter out that hole and a small project to win one for us out here.

Yo Rick... I was up on top and started walking down one of the paths. I saw the white truck in the distance at the bottom and could see a hint of green lawn. Must have been when you were getting the summons... When I saw the truck, I decided to turn around since I didn't want to get hit for digging in "woodlands" :) Good thing I did... she would've had a twofer :D

Wish I could go to see you in action in court :)

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Hello Ricardo,
You can re-name this post "Ricardo's Tri-State Area Ticket & B*tchn LOl. Some people get Badge Ego.
Nice Quarter, and looks like a good time.
Im here in Tn awaiting your next video.
Tn. Joe

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250

Hey Ricardo,

Nine finds. Sorry about the ticket. Please keep us posted as to the disposition of the situation. It's great you guys could all get together and hunt like that. Wish we could do more of that around here.

hh,

Dr, Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread