Ridge_runner (rockscott00)

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
Hey Warsawdaddy,

I sent him a PM a couple of weeks ago also, but never heard anything back. I think his back surgery is supposed to be Jan. 6th. I got his cell phone number at the October hunt so I will try to give him a call. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

John

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do let us know, Snoopy. I was thinking of him a few days ago as well.

Nana :)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
think hes getting the loose ends tied up
wish him luck with the CUT
hes a good guy alex also
maybe he can take his place ;D
have a quick recovery scott 8)
us here in illinoise ;)

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
I have his number as well but I dont have my cell phone with me. I will give him a call when I get back. I will be down his way the end of Jan so I'll see if he wants some company. I'll take Alex out as he seems to be a great good luck piece! :)

Alan

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
I called Scott last night but had to leave him a message. I will let everyone if I hear from him. Hey Nana I forgot to get back with you on that piece of pottery, I would say it is probably Mississippian period 800 to 1650 A.D.. Hey Baron, hows everything going there in Illinoissssse ;D. Talk to you all later.

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
I talked to scott just before christmas,think he said he went in for surgery on the 3rd.He also said his wife wouold be taking care of his e-mail,said he would be recovering and therapy for a year........rh

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snoopy! :o Really? Thanks!

And do keep us updated on Scott. :)

Nana :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A year? That sounds like what my doctor told me when I broke my back. I'm still in recovery after eight years because the hospital gave me a hard dose of staph infection! I'll tell you folks, any major surgery to your back is more painful than childbirth or so my doctor said and I believe it! I couldn't move because of the pain and lay flat on my back for 10 weeks overdosing on morphine. Well, almost, but I was starting to hallucinate and they took me off it. I wish him the best and know what he is going through because I've been there. So, don't fret if he don't respond for a while, it takes a lot of time to be able to respond. I wish him the best. Monty

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Hey to all the Great, Grand, Wonderful, Thoughtful friends I have out there in the Th'ing world.......

I so apologize for not staying in contact with anyone. It's not because I didn't won't to..... As relikhunter said, we did chat some weeks ago and I also got schloopys message. I tried to return the call but got the answering machine... I ain't much of a message guy. Ha, ha!!! Thanks guys for the look out. Anyway, I have been kind of down on myself and scared sh**less of course due to the surgery. Don't fret though good friends.....I'm back. Not 100% yet but in all due time. I had the surgery on the 3rd of Jan and fortunately was home by the 9th... I had a lower lumbar fusion. They took out some disks, added some screws, rods and other hardware and tried (with the hardware) to straighten out my lower spine. It was a crooked as a racoons you know what. I've been in some kind of terrible pain but that's why they give out the good drugs right... I walk very slow now, I take steps one at a time, I can't sleep in my own damn bed (which bugs the piss out of me) so I have to sleep on the love seat sitting up......!!! I could go on and on but let's just talk about how dad gone impressed I am at the way us T'hunters look out for one another. It really hits me in the heart a great deal and I am utterly appreciative. Make me feel really good... I'd like to thank you all over and over for your thoughts and prayers. Warsawdaddy, thanks for the thread. Mike, Steve, Oberkill, John, Eric, Nana, My crazy aquaintenace in DeKalb, and all the others........My sincere respect is yours......Please keep in contact all.....I will do the same...
About this new hunt, ya'll better keep me informed because whether I do any hunting or not I'm gonna be there just to rekindle the friendships that were formed at the last hunt.
I look forward to seeing ya'll again. Hope to hear from ya'll soon....

V/R,

Scott (ridge_runner)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its the drugs talking :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey,OK--Glad you are on the mend and able to keep us informed.Those doctor orders suck a lot of times,but usually are right.Don't do anything to jeopardise that back.Whenever the hunt materializes,I'll come pick you and Alex up if need be.Take care,buddy.

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Hey DeKalb and Warsawdaddy......

No, I assure you the drugs weren't talking...Ha.... Baron, how's things going up there in Illlllllliiiiinnnoooiiissssssssssss!!!! Silent S included. And Warsawdaddy, I appreciate the offer. We will see how my traveling aches are like come time for the hunt. I told Alex that everyone was still talking about his luck. He told me he still had it and that we need to go to the next hunt cause he's sure he could win us more prizes. Ha, ha! I told him OK!!!! His birthday is on the 26th of this month and he is getting a metal detector. He will be so excited I'm sure. We both look forward to seeing all the good friends we met in Warsaw.
Thanks guys for the reply. Please tell all that I say hello....

ridge_runner

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the rods , screws, and the works just like you so I know what you have been going through. I sat up in my recliner for almost 16 weeks before I could lay down on a real bed. I hurt for you 'cause I know how you feel and it's a bitch! :'( Take your time healing and beware of airport screening wands as they will be set off by the metal! The walkthrough gates don't seem to pick it up though. Best wishes for a satisfactory recovery. Monty

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
Hey bud glad to hear your doing allright,Do like the doctors say and you'll be back to hunting in no time.I'll give you a call in a day or too.Want to make sure your doing okay!!Take care and stay warm. rh

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Hey Monty and Relikhunter,

Glad ya'll wrote......Hope all is well with you guys. Monty I sure wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. Hopefully it will all have been worth it in the near future. We'll see huh????? Mike, Glad to have you looking out for the ridge_runner. I look forward to your call. Schloopy had called and left a message about a week or so ago. I guess I need to give him a call. I don't think he's seen our thread yet. I'm glad you all had me in mind. I sure look forward to our next get together. Hey Mike, any of that ice hit you guys??? We've gotten about 2 inches of the crap in the last 24 hours or so. I hated to see the wife go to work this morning due to the roads being icy.......

Hope you both are well,

V/R,

ridge_runner

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Scott,

Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery...hope you will be up and hopping about real soon!! ;D

;) RR

Attachments

• LT37.jpg
    LT37.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 209

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
Yeah bud it nailed us good too.We got 2" also.Haven't talked to eric yet,Don't think those guys out west are as hardy as we are here in the east!!HAAHAHa.Glad to see your doing better,Have been doing a little hunting need to get out more but this weather really putting a hold on it.Supposed to get more ice and snow today and possibly more tomorrow.Sure you will get it too..Take care bud i'll give you a call today or tomorrow,wife has me pretty busy hauling firewood.Take care and tell alex i said hi.........................mike

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad the operation went well bud... hope you get back to getting around soon... I will know next week if we are gonna have a hunt this spring...tell Alex he's banned from the door prizes!! hehe just kidding he's an awsome kid and I hope he wins more!!!! if you get a chance give me a call... jd

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
Taled to ridgerinner this afternoon!He's doing fine ,in alot of pain and bored.Want's to be out hunting,but need's time to heal.His sprit is good ,want's to know hwat everybody's been finding,and what's going on.......Wish him well a really fine guy...........rh ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread