Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18?
And, how come you didn't know that he had
a pistol?
And where is the father?
Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward,
pants down around the crack,
isn't that a sign of something?
They're walking around with their nasty
underwear showing, and
holding onto their pants to keep them from
falling to the ground!
Isn't it a sign of something
when she has her dress all the way up to
her panty line,
and got all types of needle piercings
going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from?
We are not Africans.
Those people are not Africans;
they don't know a thing about Africa.
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and
Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.
Brown or black versus the Board of
Education
is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed.
Today a woman has eight children
with eight different 'husbands' --
or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players
who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players
who can't write two paragraphs.
We as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart
with seven kids saying...
you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other
to a higher standard.
We cannot blame the white people any
longer.
It is not for media or anyone of this time
anymore to say whether I'm right or wrong.
It is time, ladies and gentlemen,
to look at the numbers.
Fifty percent of our children are dropping
out
of high school.
Sixty percent of the incarcerated males
happen to be illiterate. There's a
correlation.
Tell the media to stop asking me what I
think about people who don't believe what I'm saying or feel
that I'm too harsh or feel that I'm just running my mouth
because I'm old.
Seventy percent of the teenagers pregnant
happen to be African American girls.
Don't ask me to soften my message.

Bill Cosby

S

stefen

Cosby has been preaching this for years....apparently to deaf ears.

The stats are unbeleivable. >:(

S

Smee

Sticky subject for Comedy Central, but here is my 2 cents worth. Only one example of why it pays to be educated. And this goes for ALL races, creeds, colors and religions.

I have worked as a bill collector and repo man for a lot of different rent-to-own companies, and have managed several different stores for different companies. I hear all the arguments about how these customers feel like they are being enslaved. I will agree, but it is at their own hands. As long as people are so uneducated as to how money works, they enslave themselves.

You cannot enslave an educated population. Take the innitiative, get educated. You probably won't end up running a fortune 500 company (only 500 people ever are at any given time) but you won't have to wait on the government (or "massah") to be generous and give you something to eat either.

Think: A new low end washer is about $350 . . . if you buy it on credit, with interest you will pay less than $450 total and your monthly payment will be $30-$40 usually. If you rent that same washer, figure on paying about $20 per week ($80+ per month) for 2 years (104 weeks X $20 = $2080.00 for a $350 dollar washer). Don't complain about not having credit! If you apply yourself and pay your bills on time, you can even get credit while you get welfare. Just be responsible.

You can stand on the corner and complain about how folks are getting over on you, but when you pay more than 4 times as much for something as you should just because you didn't take the initiative to learn that while $20 per week is cheaper than $30/week for the laundraumat, $35/month is less than either of them, it is YOUR fault.

S

stefen

You most likely would have lost the attention of the majority due to the lack of understanding of simple math.

Using another example...cash in a case of empty beer bottles at a dime each and you'd have enough money to buy a full bottle of brew;D

Cash in a 6-pak and have enough for a can of chew or a 3 musketeers candy bar.

Now we are talking ;D

T

TreasureTales

Many, many years ago I saw Bill Cosby on Oprah. At that time, he was still blaming white people for the plight of the poor blacks. Thank goodness he finally saw the light. Now if only Oprah would, too. Her school in Africa has gotten lots of media attention, but people don't seem to realize how much good that money could have done for blacks right here in America. Not in the form of handouts, but in vouchers and scholarships for black kids who might have a chance to succeed if they could get proper high school educations so they can go on to college.

As for the names that Cosby mentions, and how ludicrous those names are here in America, wonder if he said anything like that to the kids that worked with him on his TV show? He's absolutely right, though, because those names are silly. It would be like me calling myself Pocahontas. Neither is the name "Obama" reasonable in today's America, but then I digress. ;D

S

stefen

TreasureTales said:
Many, many years ago I saw Bill Cosby on Oprah. At that time, he was still blaming white people for the plight of the poor blacks. Thank goodness he finally saw the light. Now if only Oprah would, too. Her school in Africa has gotten lots of media attention, but people don't seem to realize how much good that money could have done for blacks right here in America. Not in the form of handouts, but in vouchers and scholarships for black kids who might have a chance to succeed if they could get proper high school educations so they can go on to college.

As for the names that Cosby mentions, and how ludicrous those names are here in America, wonder if he said anything like that to the kids that worked with him on his TV show? He's absolutely right, though, because those names are silly. It would be like me calling myself Pocahontas. Neither is the name "Obama" reasonable in today's America, but then I digress. ;D

Pocahontas,

In todays society, a name is an extremely important factor, even thought we may say otherwise.

Unfortunately, Obama was given this name at birth (I assume), however, the name may prove to be his downfall, even though he may be highly competent. With 9/11 and the current status with Iraq, he most likely will not garner the popular American vote.

Signed Dog Puke

T

TreasureTales

Sorry Stephen, but I would never hire anyone based on his/her name. I'd only hire on qualifications and personal rapport. (It's important to get along with your coworkers.) I'd even hire you, if you fit the bill. ;)

The point had nothing to do with a person's ability based on his/her name, so why try to bring up that touchy question? The point (made by Bill Cosby, the topic of this thread) was that some names are ludicrous in today's America. You may disagree or agree, but to try to add fuel to the fire is inappropriate.

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
About Rent To Own,Just because say a woman has been in nasty divorce and has debts,is that any reason to charge 2000 for a 350 dollar washer?GREED
The NAACP doesn,t want Middle class blacks,other wise what need for the NAACP?
And welfare would also like to see things unchanged otherwise They are out of a Job.
Don,t depend on anyone but Yourself.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
montepollock said:
About Rent To Own,Just because say a woman has been in nasty divorce and has debts,is that any reason to charge 2000 for a 350 dollar washer?GREED
The NAACP doesn,t want Middle class blacks,other wise what need for the NAACP?
And welfare would also like to see things unchanged otherwise They are out of a Job.
Don,t depend on anyone but Yourself.

Monty, I don't think it is greed. I believe it is a way to cover their butts. If that same lady only makes 2 payments what happends to the washer. If she refuses to return this machine, the company has a tremendous expense in getting their merchandise returned. If the company sends the repo man out and she doesn't answer, who has to pay his wage? Lets say this happends 5 different times. Then they have to hire a lawyer and get the lady to court. OK, they win the washer back and court costs, but this is the same lady who wouldn't pay 20 dollars a week, do you really think she is going to repay the company all these expenses? It is a very risky business to be in and no one is twisting the customers arms to purchase their products anyway.... I agree with Smee, this subject is pretty "sticky" for the comedy section.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread