Right time right place. Silver x 50!!!

Snowjonson

Sep 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen posts of people finding silver coins in the reject tray of the coinstars thought I'd check. Wow!!!! So glad I did!!!

My girlfriend and I were coming out of the supermarket I told her I wanted to check for goodies but there were people using the coinstar so I told her I'm going to wait for them. She didn't want to hang and wait so she went to the car to unload the groceries. Finally the people at the coinstar left and I could see quite a few coins in the reject tray so I ran over real quick and scooped them out and couldn't believe what I saw! A fistful of silver! I ran back to the car and showed my girlfriend, she was excited but not as much as me haha.

I think it might have been the sound of silver clinking that stopped me and gave me the urge to wait it out but who knows?? Soooo glad I waited!!

Ended up with 42 dimes, 7 quarters, and a Kennedy half!!! All newer silver most from the 60s but a couple older ones in there.

Very happy Memorial Day
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432607425.784326.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432607439.654517.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432607464.033448.jpg

Upvote 28
JACK POT.... Sweeeet!!

Un-B-lievable!

How can people be so dense?
Nice find for you. lol

Holy Cowabungalito!! At least $75 in melt.

Could this be a cache? Banner? Too bad you didn't have your camera with you to take an in situ photo.

Congrats

WOW some people are so clueless! That is a very amazing find right there!

I will be checking the Coinstar machines frequently after seeing this!! :coins:

Holy Cowabungalito!! At least $75 in melt.

Could this be a cache? Banner? Too bad you didn't have your camera with you to take an in situ photo.

Congrats

I don't know what you would call it, just plain ol' luck!
I really wish I snapped an in situ photo but the coinstar was next to 2 red boxes and the crane game and all had people at them and it was in the traffic lane for people coming out with groceries (busy Memorial Day shopping). Didn't want to take a chance and wait another second to grab coins! I have the same problem detecting and getting in situ photos, just get to excited and want to pluck silver!

Thanks for the responses everyone. Nice to share excitement with people that can appreciate it! I have been stacking and restacking them all night :)

It never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of the common man. It's what puts bad men in places of power and devalues our currency. It's what causes war, genocide, and poverty. But I guess for us less ignorant folk it gives us a chance to find treasures that others don't even see as having any value whatsoever. Amazing score! :thumbsup:

wow!, I thought when I put those through the coinstar that they would register, that's ok though, we can meet up and I can get them back off ya, lol!!!

very interesting score!

That is an amazing score

Makes you wonder if some folks know a silver quarter from a wooden nickel.

Makes you wonder if some folks know a silver quarter from a wooden nickel.

PM, the last time I got silver back in change, the teenaged clerk looked at me like he thought I was fibbing after he asked me " You mean they used to make money from silver?". I will never forget the look on his face lol. I bet he started checking every coin he took in after that.

Holy cow! Congrats. That is easily one of the best coinstar finds.

People's ignorance is just mind-numbing. What an outstanding coinstar run. My best is a single 64 quarter!

Timing is everything !!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back